cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fall Creator's Update REMOVES G20AJ MAXX AUDIO :-(

hawki
Level 7
Maxx Audio OEM in GR20AJ removed by Win Fall Creators Update because of incompatability :mad:

No Updates seem to be available
10 REPLIES 10

haihane
Level 13
oh? Fall Creators update is out? damn... that's fast.

and, i just went and hit windows update button. says system up to date (shrugs). i'm not sure if this is the FCU (fall creator's update).

how do you tell? what's your winver number?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
oh? Fall Creators update is out? damn... that's fast.

and, i just went and hit windows update button. says system up to date (shrugs). i'm not sure if this is the FCU (fall creator's update).

how do you tell? what's your winver number?

Fall Creator's Update is v. 1079

They started to roll it out today -- staggerred roll-out.

Frankly, I'd prefer to keep Win 1073 and be able to use Maxx Audio.

haihane
Level 13
ah.

damn. you're getting me worried. i hope this FCU doesn't bork anything from on my side here. i kind of remembered the Creator's update removed the ROG Realtek Audio Manager that i grew used to; and a simple reinstall got it back working.

i'd hate to lose it again to a stage where a reinstall won't get it running 😞

haihane wrote:
ah.

damn. you're getting me worried. i hope this FCU doesn't bork anything from on my side here. i kind of remembered the Creator's update removed the ROG Realtek Audio Manager that i grew used to; and a simple reinstall got it back working.

i'd hate to lose it again to a stage where a reinstall won't get it running 😞

No Problem with Realtek Sound Manager, but I'm really gonna miss Maxx Audio - May try to reinstall it if I can remember which zip package it's in.

toronto699
Level 13
I can also confirm Maxx Audio was uninstalled by W10 Version 1709 build 16299.19
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7035 for Windows Win8.1 32bit & Win8.1 64bit---(WHQL). for my PC will not install Maxx Audio With the W10 update 1709 that driver has worked great in all other W10 updates

toronto699 wrote:
I can also confirm Maxx Audio was uninstalled by W10 Version 1709 build 16299.19
Realtek Audio Driver V6.0.1.7035 for Windows Win8.1 32bit & Win8.1 64bit---(WHQL). for my PC will not install Maxx Audio With the W10 update 1709 that driver has worked great in all other W10 updates

Sad 😞

haihane
Level 13
i just checked my laptop. the moment i turned it on and hit windows update, i saw the 1709 downloading. no turning back now 😕

whilst on desktop, i figured out why it didn't download. i'd long ago set it to only install updates on "Current branch for Business". (this will be a problem for another day, but not today!- stark girl)
dodged a bullet on desktop.

time to find out if laptop survives the update. fingers crossed.

There's a free download of what appears to be the full Maxx Audio app available on Softpedia:

http://www.softpedia.com/dyn-postdownload.php/6815ec368059602b45d8c7b8c15faa36/59e75895/3d980/4/1

BUT, when I tried to install it says it can't install cuz Maxx Audio is already installed and have to uninstall first. By this I take it to mean that the Maxx Audio GUI is still available.

Thinking of uninstalling Command and/or Realtek Sound Manager first>install Maxx Audio>reinstall Command and/or Realtek.

May not be worth the effort -- don't know if this version of Maxx Audio would install after the installer gets past the "already installed" point.

Would certainly create a new restore image and System Restore point before trying this.

My rig is 2+ years old -- wondering if newer ASUS ROG rigs have a later Maxx Audio version installed that is compatable with WIN 1079. If not, would seem that ASUS would have a PR problem if it did not make available a new Maxx Audio Driver Update cuz IIRC it's current rigs are sold with Maxx Audio and ASUS would likely catch a lot of flack for promoting it's current rigs on the basis that they include Maxx Audio, now knowing that at least some versions are not compatable with WIN 1079.

I had a similar problem with an Acer Predadtor that had OEM SoundBlaster Cinema (similar in function to Maxx Audio) that was borked by WIN 10. Took Acer 2 years to put out a new driver. 00 This Predator problem was much more serious though since although that Predator had Realtek HiDef installed, it did not come with a Sound Manager so the only sound adjustemnt was volume -- not even a bass and treble control. On the other hand that Predator had a very roomy case and installing a new sound card was easy. RealTek HiDef is very good but can do better. IMHO Maxx Audio added a lot to the sound experience.

I had the same issue after installing the new Creators update for Windows (V1079), I came here for help but I have not find any, so I decided to make something work for me and help you guys instead. Currently I am using my G551JM laptop and I installed Realtek Audio Win 8.1 64 bit V6.0.1.7393 aaaaand it worked! I got my MaxxAudio back! The original sound devices menu looks kind of oldish if some of you guys remember the old design you will know what I am talking about, but I guess you will not care bout the design of the main device menu if your MaxxAudio will come back to life once again!

Have a nice day!