cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearance of RAMPAGE VI EXTREME

Beto556
Level 9
I have been following several sites to buy R6E.
I'm finding her disappearance very strange.
Almost all major selling sites say NEVER KNOW when it will be delivered by ASUS again.
I have the impression that ASUS might be stocking for Christmas or the board has returned for some implementation or fix.
:confused:
23 REPLIES 23

Raja
Level 13
Just keeps selling out as we're shipping batches. The demand is very high.

Beto556
Level 9
Thanks Raja
I have a lot of respect for your opinion.

What I find strange is ASUS, which is the largest manufacturer, able to keep supplying all other x299 cards (eg Apex) and not preparing (and getting) for the demand for its most famous board.
I apologize but I honestly do not think it's a demand problem.
Few consumers expect almost 6 months to buy a motherboard. Many have bought other x299 even from competitors.
All vendors tell me that ASUS itself does not know when it will have more R6E

My bad you were looking for the Extreme sorry

Not sure were your @ but Provantage has 18 in stock 404 usd

http://www.provantage.com/asus-rogrampageviapex~7ASUS319.htm

This is were I got mine preodered

Beto556 wrote:
Thanks Raja
I have a lot of respect for your opinion.

What I find strange is ASUS, which is the largest manufacturer, able to keep supplying all other x299 cards (eg Apex) and not preparing (and getting) for the demand for its most famous board.
I apologize but I honestly do not think it's a demand problem.
Few consumers expect almost 6 months to buy a motherboard. Many have bought other x299 even from competitors.
All vendors tell me that ASUS itself does not know when it will have more R6E

Walmart online had 5 just a few minutes ago.

Raja
Level 13
They ship in batches. The board takes more work to produce than the other models, and it's expensive. You can't always predict exactly how many people will want a $700+ board. There is no conspiracy here or story of doom here. Appreciate you're waiting, but coming up with theories isn't going to help speed things up.

Well I'm from germany and it's not a conspiracy that resellers here use this to ask inhuman prices 200€ north of every other board(presale was down to 515€ now we're at 680€). Also they claim as well to not know when new supply arrives. It's bad enough it took additional 2 months to even release the board, now I have to wait another 3 4 months to get one. The suppliers should know what containers are on the way to them, as they do with every other piece of hardware. That everybody claims to know aquat means they actually work together to max prices...

Now by the time I get the r6e we might already have a date on cannonlake x which obviously will need another chipset, for which a rampage vii extreme will be released, which again will be available when the next chipset gets announced. That's what I call bad value...

If it's so hard to guess numbers on such a unique product, why not sell them directly from taiwan with a preorder option where you get a reservation with a number when yours is due, which gets directly send by airmail...

Exzelsior wrote:

If it's so hard to guess numbers on such a unique product, why not sell them directly from taiwan with a preorder option where you get a reservation with a number when yours is due, which gets directly send by airmail...

In an ideal world, everything would be ideal. Why not make the perfect product? It's because there are certain things that cannot be changed easily.

Exzelsior wrote:

How often are you able to buy your tickets for concerts, games, and events at "face value" prices, with seating "reserved" from what's available when yours is due?

ASUS: "Another batch of motherboards is ready!"
eBay: "All your motherboards are belong to us! Bidding starts at 1000€ each (plus shipping)!"
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Actually when I buy tickets they have my name on them and mostly are in the first 3 rows. I don't visit shows where they resell tickets on the stadium roof for 500 bucks, I'm not brain amputated... Also for that kind of money I want a seat and somebody waiting on me...
Meanwhile ebay resales kind of don't work in numbers here in germany, because most shops only sell one or two to buyers. Bulk suppliers don't even talk to that kind of lowlife resellers or I'd have my board by now... I saw a few on ebay, but they certainly didn't get more than a few altogehter.

Regarding the ideal world. I get that not everything is as easy as it could be and sometimes cheap also means risky. But in this case resellers lol their asses off selling piece by piece while I get a premium product on a market, where everything loses half its value in half a year, half a year late for more than the SRP.

Sadly it's also far from the perfect product. What I want is the motherboards hard features and the asus software because it's just the best. I'd don't need bling, I don't need a lasershow, I take that with grinding teeth because it's still the best board for my needs.

P.S. It sure would be nice to have a rampage vi formula, with all the features of the extreme but for windowless cases...
P.P.S. It's sad that the situation is the same for coffee lake, then again intel doesn't even sell cpus jet so no rush there...