Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Well, I went to Fry's and grabbed a Corsair AX1200i and my problems are gone. Really puzzling that three different PSUs (850 to 1000 watts) that should have no problem with my setup were just too underpowered. Under load, it never pulled more than 750 watts, but perhaps it was just too many amps coming through one of the connections that was tripping overcurrent protection.

I do have another problem though. With the new 0601 bios, my Corsair LPX 3733 32gb kit won't boot with the XMP profile enabled. They are shown as compatible in the memory QVL list, and I don't recall this happening with the 0215 bios. Any ideas?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I thought the latest BIOS for the Maximus X Hero (WiFi) was the 0505 version, where did you find the 0601 BIOS?

Tech Marketing Manager HQ Array Raja@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mzimm88 View Post
    Well, I went to Fry's and grabbed a Corsair AX1200i and my problems are gone. Really puzzling that three different PSUs (850 to 1000 watts) that should have no problem with my setup were just too underpowered. Under load, it never pulled more than 750 watts, but perhaps it was just too many amps coming through one of the connections that was tripping overcurrent protection.

I do have another problem though. With the new 0601 bios, my Corsair LPX 3733 32gb kit won't boot with the XMP profile enabled. They are shown as compatible in the memory QVL list, and I don't recall this happening with the 0215 bios. Any ideas?
    The PSU OCP was likely tripping. Probably due to running the cards off a single line.

Try setting the memory timings manually (don't use XMP) and see if it still happens. Also try tuning the sa an io voltages.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by NeoandGeo View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread, but I thought the latest BIOS for the Maximus X Hero (WiFi) was the 0505 version, where did you find the 0601 BIOS?
    Raja linked it earlier in this thread.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Raja@ASUS View Post
    The PSU OCP was likely tripping. Probably due to running the cards off a single line.

Try setting the memory timings manually (don't use XMP) and see if it still happens. Also try tuning the sa an io voltages.
    Hi Raja, I set the timings manually and it's the same result. It'll hang at post code d5 for a bit then gets stuck at code 6e and boots into safe mode at bios. I tried rolling back to 0505 and it doesn't work there either. It booted fine with the 0215 bios, but I don't have that download available to test it again.

I was able to run it at 3200mhz vs the xmp profile of 3733, but then my CPU voltages shot up to 1.39 when I don't have any overclock set there and MCE is off.
    Last edited by mzimm88; 10-24-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2