cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 lag

dusty459
Level 7
I Installed Ai suite 3 And then had to remove it due to lag I'm getting its uninstalled and I'm stil getting lag anyone got any ideas
7 REPLIES 7

haihane
Level 13
if i were you, i'd check task manager to see which process takes up most cpu power first.

right click, kill it, if necessary.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane
Level 13
after typing the above reply, i remembered a program i used to do in the past that lists out all running stuffs on one's own computer to a TXT file.
by god, i duckduckgoed like nuts. when that failed, i resorted to almighty all seeing eye Google, that failed, i briefly considered opening a thread at ASUS' general discussion subsection to seek help remembering that program's name.

then as if by voodoo magic, i tried google image search and changing my search strings a bit. i found the picture that i had seen for years! it's the freaking Hijackthis.
this is an old school way of troubleshooting for problems (and probably very outdated too), but this is the method i used in the past.

if anyone has better idea(s), please feel free to add. i'd like to learn your tricks too.

what i'm unsure:
- if hijackthis would scan well on Windows 10.
- but if you don't mind possibly outdated program, please do run it and save a logfile and analyze each entry. i can help you with it too (i'm also taking this chance to freshen up my memory cells).
- i'm not sure if this works. it's just the first thing that came to my mind.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Reinstall AI Suite 3 and then run the commands the following in a CMD window.

to fix it:

Open CMD as an administrator

run:
bcdedit /enum

if you see 'useplatformclock' set to true then run thats your problem

I ran:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

reboot computer.

Thansk to Ljugtomten for providing this solution!

John

ok thank you ill give it a try and get back to you

John.Leger wrote:
Reinstall AI Suite 3 and then run the commands the following in a CMD window.

to fix it:

Open CMD as an administrator

run:
bcdedit /enum

if you see 'useplatformclock' set to true then run thats your problem

I ran:
bcdedit /set useplatformclock false

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

reboot computer.

Thansk to Ljugtomten for providing this solution!

John

Seems to have Fixed it Thanks

You're welcome! 🙂

masterac
Level 8
me its the hyperlink, whenever its from an app like steam or else, it take forever to open the internet browser and see it, i am not having issue using the link in the browser, so it seem to be a windows related issue.

i tried chrome, ie and still the same thing, do it happen to anybody else ?