cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloads not working Crosshair 6

Bluejay423
Level 7
Crosshair 6 drivers down load section doesn't appear to be working. You can select an OS but nothing appears after that.
20 REPLIES 20

Clouseau
Level 7
You need to disable any ad blocking and the site will function.

Bill
Level 7
Hello Bluejay423
I've checked the website with Google Chrome and IE11
There's nothing wrong with the download page, thank you

I had the same thing happen for few days. (few weeks back)
Just use Internet explorer for the drivers if the issue happens.

Seems to have disappeared for me after few days of having the issue (running waterfox and many plugins, Ublock too)

Maybe you want to upgrade your browser or addons.

Bill@ASUS wrote:
I've checked the website with Google Chrome and IE11
There's nothing wrong with the download page, thank you

As described in the other thread, this is still a problem for some users, with a variety of browsers.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Clouseau
Level 7
It has to do with ad blocking scripts. Once ad blocking is disabled the site functions as intended. What ever site is being blocked by the scripts is needed for the site to function after the os is picked.

Clouseau wrote:
It has to do with ad blocking scripts. Once ad blocking is disabled the site functions as intended. What ever site is being blocked by the scripts is needed for the site to function after the os is picked.

I run chrome + adblock with a large number of filters to tidy up the 'recommended'/click bait sections of most websites and have never had any issues. But it sounds like asus test with chrome anyway...

Korth
Level 14
I use Ghostery alongside whatever realtime site-block or ad-blocking the AV suite provides (F-Secure, Kaspersky, Trend, Avast). ASUS downloads aren't visible even when these are disabled and I'm running fresh vanilla IE/Chrome. I can access the downloads (with or without ad blockers) through a "foreign" (not in Canada) DNS proxy.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Korth wrote:
I use Ghostery alongside whatever realtime site-block or ad-blocking the AV suite provides (F-Secure, Kaspersky, Trend, Avast). ASUS downloads aren't visible even when these are disabled and I'm running fresh vanilla IE/Chrome. I can access the downloads (with or without ad blockers) through a "foreign" (not in Canada) DNS proxy.

Ghostery seems to be the issue. Enabling/disabling the google tag manager fixes/creates the issue. Also bear in mind I'm running an out of date version of chrome (60.0.3112.113) as 61.xxxx was an utter dog on my machine. Although there looks to be 62.xxx out now, so I will give that a try.

Korth
Level 14
Disabling Ghostery makes no difference for me, whether the downloads are visible or not, while changes to region/DNS do make a difference.

Worth trying Ghostery disabled, it only takes a few moments, but I don't think it's the real issue, at least not for everyone.

[/Korth]