cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Cleaning Fan Instructions

Helmet_Unbuckle
Level 7
Hello,

I've yet to receive a response from the community hence I'm gonna try to give it a shot in this part of the forum

I currently hold an ASUS ROG G551J Laptop and it's been with me 2 for years.

For the past 2 years I've never had a problem with any games until I came across Players Unknown Battleground.

So far the game has been fine for like the first 2-3 games but it'll eventually push the fans that it'll exhale hot air hence I want to try cleaning the fan and see if it makes the situation any better

I would like to ask if there is a guide or a video (couldn't find any online that only specifies the location of the fan) that you guys can provide that would guide me the steps needed to dismantle whichever part of the laptop that needs to be dismantled to have access to the fans and be able to clean it without causing any problems?

This is my FIRST time doing this kind of thing so I am very very cautious when doing this kind of activities as I know there's a risk that one wrong step could lead to a bigger problem.

Thanks in advance
1 REPLY 1

Bill
Level 7
Hello Helmet_Unbuckled
I'm sorry but we don't answer this kind of question here, especially we do not recommend opening/disassemble your product if you are NOT SURE what you are doing. If you want to avoid risking your unit from damaging, I suggest to leave this kind of operations to our engineers, thank you.

Also, PLEASE read the below thread before posting in the SERVICE-RELATED INQUIRIES, thank you
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92892-MUST-READ-Before-posting-in-this-section