cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open AsIO.sys - cant install Aura on fresh win 10 system

KeksimusMaximus
Level 8
I'm unable to install Asus Aura 1.05.25 on fresh copy of Windows 10 64bit.

I have all drivers installed, and beside Asus Sonic studio and Asus Sonic Radar (that installed istelf when i installed Realtek HD audio) i have no other Asus programs running.

I keep getting error AsIO.sys cant be opened. If i go through with the installation then Aura wont see any of my hardware.
Dargus Maximus
~Explorer ~Engineer ~Guide
My Youtube channel - PC modding, streaming, gaming
46 REPLIES 46

misterlambert
Level 7
KeksimusMaximus wrote:
I'm unable to install Asus Aura 1.05.25 on fresh copy of Windows 10 64bit.

I have all drivers installed, and beside Asus Sonic studio and Asus Sonic Radar (that installed istelf when i installed Realtek HD audio) i have no other Asus programs running.

I keep getting error AsIO.sys cant be opened. If i go through with the installation then Aura wont see any of my hardware.

I same problem here... I see lot's of users on this forum having problem with Aura and creator update on clean install.

Thank you for your help!

AkaNe0
Level 10
Thanks for the report. We will look at this issue, probably a compatibility problem with this new Windows 10 update.
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Thanks for the report. We will look at this issue, probably a compatibility problem with this new Windows 10 update.

I'm having similar problems that others are mentioning. Clean Win 10 install - build 16299 - so don't have the Creators update.

Aura is able to control my ROG STRIX graphics card but nothing else (Rampage MB and G.Skill RAM)

Oakhome wrote:
I'm having similar problems that others are mentioning. Clean Win 10 install - build 16299 - so don't have the Creators update.

Aura is able to control my ROG STRIX graphics card but nothing else (Rampage MB and G.Skill RAM)

Can you provide more information regarding your system?

1. Which AURA version are you using? Make sure you have 1.05.25. Try to make a clean install of AURA.
> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel
-> Rebooth your computer
-> Download latest version of AURA. Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA

2. Provide your system specs
MB: Rampage VI Extreme
BIOS:
VGA: Strix 1080 Ti
Memory:
KB:
Mice:

3. Can you take a screenshot of your BIOS main page as well as a screenshot of AURA software.

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Can you provide more information regarding your system?

1. Which AURA version are you using? Make sure you have 1.05.25. Try to make a clean install of AURA.
> Uninstall previous version of AURA through the Control Panel
-> Rebooth your computer
-> Download latest version of AURA. Run "setup" as Administrator (Right click on "Setup" and "Run as Administrator")
-> Reboot your computer before starting the new AURA

2. Provide your system specs
MB: Rampage VI Extreme
BIOS:
VGA: Strix 1080 Ti
Memory:
KB:
Mice:

3. Can you take a screenshot of your BIOS main page as well as a screenshot of AURA software.

I'm having same issue. I just did another fresh install of windows with creators update.

Latest Aura version
IX HERO
Latest bios
strix 1080 ti
gskill ddr4 3200mhz

Dtfkev wrote:
I'm having same issue. I just did another fresh install of windows with creators update.

Latest Aura version
IX HERO
Latest bios
strix 1080 ti
gskill ddr4 3200mhz

Have you try one of those two below solutions provided by users:

sevpl wrote:
I also had this problem.

A solution that helped me:
Right click the zip file and hit properties.
At the bottom click the "Unblock" check box then hit OK.

Unzip the zip and run AsusSetup.exe as Administrator. You must unblock the ZIP before you extract the files.

OR

m1a2tanky68 wrote:
Hi I had same problem had to go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers\AsIO.sys > give your self permission through the security tab seem to fix it for me

AkaNe@Asus wrote:
Have you try one of those two below solutions

That worked, thanks much! 😄

Ashihtaka
Level 7
I'm having the same issue. Fresh install of Windows 10, 64 bit.
Just downloaded the latest BIOS version 1009, and tried to install the latest Aura version found here:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-MAXIMUS-IX-FORMULA/HelpDesk_Download/

Same issue, "Can't open AsIO.sys !!! ( 2 )".
I've uploaded the error message here: https://imgur.com/MOCaLZA

If I go through with the install, it will install but will not recognize my Asus Maximus Formula IX motherboard.
It will however recognize my Asus GTX Strix 1080.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I can CONFIRM THAT AND THESE. so asus it is time.

Z270 and strix 1080. and it is CLEAN INSTALL using main drivers. Aside of that new, just release today, is not working ok. i am testing NOW.

btw the afterburner is not working good eater. aside many may other stuff. asus you are of the hook. these is MS as always. but please be on top they are drivers.
Learn, Play Enjoy!