cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aurora Effect Colors?

aaronsta1
Level 7
i have a RX 480 STRIX and i really like the special effect colors for temperature.. except i dont like green or yellow..
i looked in the software for an option to change the low med and high heat colors but i dont see it.. can this be done?
6 REPLIES 6

Nate152
Hi aaronsta1

Welcome to the ROG forum.

The color changes according to gpu temp, it's not a adjustable.

aaronsta1 wrote:
i have a RX 480 STRIX and i really like the special effect colors for temperature.. except i dont like green or yellow..
i looked in the software for an option to change the low med and high heat colors but i dont see it.. can this be done?

Nate152 wrote:
The color changes according to gpu temp, it's not a adjustable.

Well, there is one way to adjust it. Keep that STRIX card running hot so it glows orange and red, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

Nate152
LOL

Yep, I'm not sure what the temp range is for each color but...

Green - cool
Yellow - warm
Red - warmer

He's asking if you can change the individual colors but I don't think it's possible with that setting.

that really sucks.. it would be cool if i could make it go from blue to purple to red.

aaronsta1 wrote:
that really sucks.. it would be cool if i could make it go from blue to purple to red.

Temperature colors are denoted by red green or yellow so getting into blue purple or pink will be against temperature display theory.
And you cannot adjust them as these are basic and only colors globally for any temp monitoring.

Shift to non-temperature sensing setting and define your own colors to get your likings.

Its as simple as color Red for danger. You cannot set Purple color as a sign of danger right??

Korth
Level 14
If these are RGB LEDs and if they are controlled with a firmware-controlled PWM then, in theory, you should be able to reconfigure their behaviour through code, though it likely requires a firmware mod/update.

But it's equally possible these are monochrome LEDs or that they are RGB LEDs with arbitrary "dumb" settings attached to fixed voltage (temp) references in circuit. Impossible to say without tearing down a STRIX card. Unless ASUS offers a better answer.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]