Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RealBench Stress Test Mini Screen Freezes i7-8700k, Maximus X Hero

FatalityZZ
Level 7
Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Hero
CPU: i7-8700k@5.0GHz manual 1.26v (1.296V under stress test). VCCIO manual 1.0V (1.048V under stress test), VCSSA manual 1.1V (1.156V under stress test).
RAM: Gskill TridentZ 3200 MHz 14cl DRAM Voltage XMP 1.35V (1.36V under stress test).

I have been recently testing my overclock and under Asus RealBench stress test I have noticed that my screen is freezing every couple of seconds for like 1-2 seconds (log output freezes, mouse and keyboard input too) and then after two seconds it will continue normally and also all of the results will match. Wondering if that is indication of slight instability or is that normal during Asus realbench stress test?

Also was wondering if I didn't set my VCCIO and VCSSA too low could that be a cause? Or will that be more related to cpu vcore?.

Thanks 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

Vlada011
Level 10
You should test system on default settings, if everything work normal than you go easy. OC first CPU and than memory.
I usually leave few days after any change to see how system behave, half hours can't give warranty that system will work normal.
Memory set at the end. When you reach max stable clock for CPU, or clock you want than you will start to change memory settings.
Maybe you need 1300V for 5.0GHz.
First CPU than memory, first manual setting on specification than XMP.

Now I see that Maximus X Hero is great board, maybe better than Apex.
ASUS shouldn't forget to install same onboard Audio and PreMounted I/O shield for electrostatic discharge on Apex.
Because that should be little above Hero.

New shield for electrostatic protection should have every mid and high class ROG motherboard.
Hero, Code, Apex, Formula, Extreme, all of them. But looks like they not use for Apex that option.
That's mistake. For you everything is fine, Hero have both of things.

My favorite Rampage 6 Apex don't have, but still is my favorite board on market.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Whether or not freezing is normal is up to interpretation.
For a good run, its not normal
For a bad run to prove you have an issue, it is normal.

What are all your settings and dram timings?
What are you using for cooling?
Do you have HWmonitor running in the background to record max temps?
Have you delidded your CPU and applied better TIM?

My initial thoughts with limited information......you are throttling and need to back of your OC and Vcore or Delid and get better cooling.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

marius4313
Level 7
FatalityZZ wrote:
Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus X Hero
CPU: i7-8700k@5.0GHz manual 1.26v (1.296V under stress test). VCCIO manual 1.0V (1.048V under stress test), VCSSA manual 1.1V (1.156V under stress test).
RAM: Gskill TridentZ 3200 MHz 14cl DRAM Voltage XMP 1.35V (1.36V under stress test).

I have been recently testing my overclock and under Asus RealBench stress test I have noticed that my screen is freezing every couple of seconds for like 1-2 seconds (log output freezes, mouse and keyboard input too) and then after two seconds it will continue normally and also all of the results will match. Wondering if that is indication of slight instability or is that normal during Asus realbench stress test?

Also was wondering if I didn't set my VCCIO and VCSSA too low could that be a cause? Or will that be more related to cpu vcore?.

Thanks 🙂

the same problem asus maximus x hero wifi 8700k, reinstalled win 10 and in stress with aida, cinebench, prime 95, everything ok.Im started to install the programs ,and after each reinstallation, again stress.Problema was from iolo system mechanic that does "optimize" cpu in real time. uninstall and install ccleaner free. Now everything ok, even corsair mp500 120gb pciee is approaching the specified speed (before it was almost half).My bios everything auto.
I hope that helps.