cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flow Sensor and Temp Sensors

capitaltpt
Level 7
I'm looking at a flow sensor that can work directly with the headers on the motherboard. Does anybody know if the AquaComputer High Flow sensor will work with the zenith? If not, does anybody know of a good option that can give me the data in Liters per minute instead of just RPM?

http://www.performance-pcs.com/aquacomputer-flow-sensor-high-flow-g1-4-for-aquaero-aquastream-xt-ult...

Also, is it better to attach temp sensors to the W_in, W_out headers or to the the other 2pin Thermal sensor headers?
9 REPLIES 9

caknuckles
Level 7
On a previous board with BIOS 0503 I had flow sensor from Barrow working. I had to get a MB replacement and never went back to 0503 but have not had the Flow sensor recognized since. I suggest getting one that are visual as well in case it does not function with MB.

Temp sensors water in and out have worked without issue. On both MB and every BIOS. I use IN for CPU loop and OUT for GPUs loop. I have no idea why an IN and OUT specifically as it is useless idea. After about 15 minutes the water temp stabilizes and is the same IN and OUT.

caknuckles wrote:
On a previous board with BIOS 0503 I had flow sensor from Barrow working. I had to get a MB replacement and never went back to 0503 but have not had the Flow sensor recognized since. I suggest getting one that are visual as well in case it does not function with MB.

Temp sensors water in and out have worked without issue. On both MB and every BIOS. I use IN for CPU loop and OUT for GPUs loop. I have no idea why an IN and OUT specifically as it is useless idea. After about 15 minutes the water temp stabilizes and is the same IN and OUT.

The Barrow looks nice, but I've heard it's loud and restricts flow. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it just give an RPM readout? I'm looking for something that can provide actual flow info in Liters/minute. Good to hear about the temp sensors. I've got the Barrow stop plugs with temp sensors for those.

is there anything that uses the WB_SENSOR header ??

Cory29 wrote:
is there anything that uses the WB_SENSOR header ??

It's my understanding that Bitspower's monoblock will if and when it's released. I may just wait for that since nobody seems to know what flow sensors work with this board.

capitaltpt wrote:
It's my understanding that Bitspower's monoblock will if and when it's released. I may just wait for that since nobody seems to know what flow sensors work with this board.

no sensors 😞 or hook up on the bitspower just rgb - I'd understand the socket if there was a special cable we could buy - sigh ...

https://bitspower.com/html/product/pro_show.php?products_id=5413

Cory29 wrote:
no sensors 😞 or hook up on the bitspower just rgb - I'd understand the socket if there was a special cable we could buy - sigh ...

https://bitspower.com/html/product/pro_show.php?products_id=5413

Well that's a let down. Especially since they included it in other ASUS monoblocks. Guess I'll stick with the XSPC block I just bought then. I also decided to take a risk and bought the Aquacomputer high flow. We'll see how it goes.

capitaltpt wrote:
The Barrow looks nice, but I've heard it's loud and restricts flow. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't it just give an RPM readout? I'm looking for something that can provide actual flow info in Liters/minute. Good to hear about the temp sensors. I've got the Barrow stop plugs with temp sensors for those.

All sensors provide only speed information in revolutions.

I do agree with the Barrow/bitspower. I tried one and its been collecting dust. They have unbelievable restriction with the tiny orifice you have to put in it jsut for it to spin, much smaller than a G 1/4 fitting. I tried it without and it just wont spin or spins then stops. The aqua computer high flow is a nice quality unit. Somthing to know is you have to but the weird cable for it that is not in the box. Its a mini molex where it connects to the device then standard fan type connector on the other end. The cable is also VERY short!! Like 6 inches so plan on a 3 pin extenson for however long you need it.

I dont know well the board works for the flow meters but you have to enter the values for RPMs/liter for it to calculate as they are all different. The aquacomputer high flow is 169/liter. I use it with the aquaero 6 pro.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
All sensors provide only speed information in revolutions.

I do agree with the Barrow/bitspower. I tried one and its been collecting dust. They have unbelievable restriction with the tiny orifice you have to put in it jsut for it to spin, much smaller than a G 1/4 fitting. I tried it without and it just wont spin or spins then stops. The aqua computer high flow is a nice quality unit. Somthing to know is you have to but the weird cable for it that is not in the box. Its a mini molex where it connects to the device then standard fan type connector on the other end. The cable is also VERY short!! Like 6 inches so plan on a 3 pin extenson for however long you need it.

I dont know well the board works for the flow meters but you have to enter the values for RPMs/liter for it to calculate as they are all different. The aquacomputer high flow is 169/liter. I use it with the aquaero 6 pro.

Does the BIOS or AI Suite allow you to adjust the calculation or will it just give the RPM output?

The Barrow is neither loud nor restrictive. It is a full G1/4 entry/exit. I use two. They are completely silent.

If you have PWM pump(s) you can adjust flow rate with that in Fan Xpert.