Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    16

    I believe it must be the speaker issue. Asus got a batch faulty speakers from supplier. Because using headphone or external speaker do not suffer from this issue, the Realtek sound chip is working ok.

  2. #22
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Solved

    Hi everyone,

    my speaker distortion is gone. I checked the ASUS Drivers page today an a new Realtek driver ist available. Tried to install but after reboot an error appeared. Can't tell if an Windows Update already deployed new drivers before. Nevertheless distortion is gone!!!

    My current driver is: 6.0.1.8219

    Tried to install the "new ASUS Realtek driver" manually after the error over device manager...it says that the best driver is already installed. Well distortion is gone!

    EDIT: Now its back again...dunno what happend....
    Last edited by PiTpOsSuM; 11-04-2017 at 09:01 AM.

  3. #23
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by PiTpOsSuM View Post
    Hi everyone,

    my speaker distortion is gone. I checked the ASUS Drivers page today an a new Realtek driver ist available. Tried to install but after reboot an error appeared. Can't tell if an Windows Update already deployed new drivers before. Nevertheless distortion is gone!!!

    My current driver is: 6.0.1.8219

    Tried to install the "new ASUS Realtek driver" manually after the error over device manager...it says that the best driver is already installed. Well distortion is gone!

    EDIT: Now its back again...dunno what happend....
    I had the same installation error as you but after reboot I have had no more distortion. I tried to replicate the distortion triggering situations - but everything sounds good now.

    Driver version is currently 6.0.1.8219

    I am still curious though why the installation process gave me an error....

  4. #24
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    15

    Distortion

    Still have the distortion on my left speaker. But here is what I have found out. When reproducing the speaker distortion lift up the very front of your notebook chassi. My distortion only occurs when it stands flat on the table. When lifting the front a bit...only for a few millimeters... the distortion is gone. Try it out and please give feedback to me...

  5. #25
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    High pitched sound

    Well... here is a video on youtube of the high pitched sound I'm getting from my speakers. The problem occurs randomly. Usually I have to reopen the game or program or what ever is making the sound and it is okey.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVA1fkvDf5I

    P.S. I do have the latest audio driver version 6.0.1.8219

  6. #26
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Left Speaker Distortion

    Bump,

    I'm experiencing this exact same issue... has anyone figured out a fix, or do I have to send my Zephyrus into Asus?

  7. #27
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    i dont have the problem anymore. I deinstalled Sonic Studio and than installed the new Realtek HD Audio Driver and made also the new BIOS (300) on the Zephyrus.

  8. #28
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    6
    Posts
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by samok View Post
    i dont have the problem anymore. I deinstalled Sonic Studio and than installed the new Realtek HD Audio Driver and made also the new BIOS (300) on the Zephyrus.
    So removing Sonic Studio fixes it? OnePiece@Asus, could you please update us on the status of Asus’s investigation? This is a very real issue many of us are facing and Asus has gone totally silent. We deserve better support, especially on a $2,700 laptop

  9. #29
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by mario64 View Post
    So removing Sonic Studio fixes it? OnePiece@Asus, could you please update us on the status of Asus’s investigation? This is a very real issue many of us are facing and Asus has gone totally silent. We deserve better support, especially on a $2,700 laptop

    New Realtek driver and new Sonic Studio driver just out not too long ago. I just install them both, we'll see if we see anymore problems.

  10. #30
    Super Moderator Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    143

    Regarding this situation, we might suggest you to reinstall the OS and confirm again.
    If it is still no work, please take your product to our local service center for comprehensive inspection and help you to fix the problem. Sorry for the trouble.

    The following is the contact information:
    http://www.asus.com/support/Service-...All-Countries/

    Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
    http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •