Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I believe it must be the speaker issue. Asus got a batch faulty speakers from supplier. Because using headphone or external speaker do not suffer from this issue, the Realtek sound chip is working ok.

New ROGer Array

Solved

Hi everyone,

my speaker distortion is gone. I checked the ASUS Drivers page today an a new Realtek driver ist available. Tried to install but after reboot an error appeared. Can't tell if an Windows Update already deployed new drivers before. Nevertheless distortion is gone!!!

My current driver is: 6.0.1.8219

Tried to install the "new ASUS Realtek driver" manually after the error over device manager...it says that the best driver is already installed. Well distortion is gone!

EDIT: Now its back again...dunno what happend....
    Last edited by PiTpOsSuM; 11-04-2017 at 09:01 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by PiTpOsSuM View Post
    Hi everyone,

my speaker distortion is gone. I checked the ASUS Drivers page today an a new Realtek driver ist available. Tried to install but after reboot an error appeared. Can't tell if an Windows Update already deployed new drivers before. Nevertheless distortion is gone!!!

My current driver is: 6.0.1.8219

Tried to install the "new ASUS Realtek driver" manually after the error over device manager...it says that the best driver is already installed. Well distortion is gone!

EDIT: Now its back again...dunno what happend....
    I had the same installation error as you but after reboot I have had no more distortion. I tried to replicate the distortion triggering situations - but everything sounds good now.

Driver version is currently 6.0.1.8219

I am still curious though why the installation process gave me an error....

New ROGer Array

Distortion

Still have the distortion on my left speaker. But here is what I have found out. When reproducing the speaker distortion lift up the very front of your notebook chassi. My distortion only occurs when it stands flat on the table. When lifting the front a bit...only for a few millimeters... the distortion is gone. Try it out and please give feedback to me...

New ROGer Array

High pitched sound

Well... here is a video on youtube of the high pitched sound I'm getting from my speakers. The problem occurs randomly. Usually I have to reopen the game or program or what ever is making the sound and it is okey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVA1fkvDf5I

P.S. I do have the latest audio driver version 6.0.1.8219

New ROGer Array

Left Speaker Distortion

Bump,

I'm experiencing this exact same issue... has anyone figured out a fix, or do I have to send my Zephyrus into Asus?

New ROGer Array

i dont have the problem anymore. I deinstalled Sonic Studio and than installed the new Realtek HD Audio Driver and made also the new BIOS (300) on the Zephyrus.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by samok View Post
    i dont have the problem anymore. I deinstalled Sonic Studio and than installed the new Realtek HD Audio Driver and made also the new BIOS (300) on the Zephyrus.
    So removing Sonic Studio fixes it? OnePiece@Asus, could you please update us on the status of Asus’s investigation? This is a very real issue many of us are facing and Asus has gone totally silent. We deserve better support, especially on a $2,700 laptop

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by mario64 View Post
    So removing Sonic Studio fixes it? OnePiece@Asus, could you please update us on the status of Asus’s investigation? This is a very real issue many of us are facing and Asus has gone totally silent. We deserve better support, especially on a $2,700 laptop

New Realtek driver and new Sonic Studio driver just out not too long ago. I just install them both, we'll see if we see anymore problems.

Super Moderator Array

Regarding this situation, we might suggest you to reinstall the OS and confirm again.
    If it is still no work, please take your product to our local service center for comprehensive inspection and help you to fix the problem. Sorry for the trouble.

The following is the contact information:
    http://www.asus.com/support/Service-...All-Countries/

Also you can contact the local service center for help. The following is the contact information:
    http://www.asus.com/support/CallUs#

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast