cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Zephyrus GX501, speakers distortion

DJRiful
Level 7
I heard and seen people complain about the distortion but I never realize until I hit this video you YouTube. The high pitch frequency everytime he pronounce cause the the sound on my left speaker to go static "shrsrhshrsr" awkwardly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Qe1ECXgb8

Can someone at ASUS test this?

I have BIOS 300 with latest drivers.

My volume is only around 50-60% on Microsoft EDGE browser. It doesn't seem to happen on Chrome. After playing on Chrome, I went back to EDGE after this post. It doesn't happen anymore.

Then switch to my Logitech G933, it plays fine.
51 REPLIES 51

Corto
Level 7
I cannot believe that ASUS is not responding into this. Total silence since Bahz asked for serial numbers of affected units.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
DJRiful wrote:
I heard and seen people complain about the distortion but I never realize until I hit this video you YouTube. The high pitch frequency everytime he pronounce cause the the sound on my left speaker to go static "shrsrhshrsr" awkwardly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3Qe1ECXgb8

Can someone at ASUS test this?

I have BIOS 300 with latest drivers.

My volume is only around 50-60% on Microsoft EDGE browser. It doesn't seem to happen on Chrome. After playing on Chrome, I went back to EDGE after this post. It doesn't happen anymore.

Then switch to my Logitech G933, it plays fine.

Hi DJRiful,

The video wasn't recorded in high quality (quite low in fact) and had background noise consistently, and so it's a little difficult trying to troubleshoot by using this video as reference.
Did you change the quality settings to 1080p from within YouTube? This will also improve the sound quality.
Is it possible that the quality was different on each browser when you tested?
Is your issue present only for this one video?
And is it accurate to say it doesn't happen anymore?

My speakers do also have distrortion when raising the volume above 60%. It is only the left speaker, the right speaker is working correctly. My test is to adjust the volume in Windows to get the "Bing" noise. When going above 60% the distrortion starts on the left speaker. I really hope this problem will be corrected in the near future.

Please Upload the most recent BIOS to the Support page. There is still the BIOS 201 for the GTX1080 version. Really looking forward for a new BIOS.

It happens also with very high quality videos and games. This is your problem Asus - fix it.

Asus don't you see there are many people having speaker issue? It is your problem, and you need to fix it, not to stay silent.

i am having the same issue with the speaker distortion and it is disappointing as we all pay a huge chunk of money to get the best and now i am debating if i should sell it at a lost and go get a competitor laptop . not to impress ***ASUS***:mad:

PiTpOsSuM wrote:
My speakers do also have distrortion when raising the volume above 60%. It is only the left speaker, the right speaker is working correctly. My test is to adjust the volume in Windows to get the "Bing" noise. When going above 60% the distrortion starts on the left speaker. I really hope this problem will be corrected in the near future.

Please Upload the most recent BIOS to the Support page. There is still the BIOS 201 for the GTX1080 version. Really looking forward for a new BIOS.

Hi PiTpOsSuM,

I am currently working with the team to determine if the volume for certain content is too loud for the speakers, and resolve the issue. We will also make sure the latest BIOS version is available in all regions asap. Thanks

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi PiTpOsSuM,

I am currently working with the team to determine if the volume for certain content is too loud for the speakers, and resolve the issue. We will also make sure the latest BIOS version is available in all regions asap. Thanks

Thanks for your reply looking forward for this 🙂

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi PiTpOsSuM,

Thank you for looking into it.

For 2 days, I've switched down from 24bit to 16bit in the audio setting. I've seen this problem between with actual real sound card as well like the Creative SoundBlaster on my desktop.

If someone can try this below, see if it is still occuring.