cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G752VY and SSD Samsung M2 950 Pro Win 10 Fall Upgrade Fail

Killaz_87
Level 7
Hi guys, new on the forums.Anyone got stucked trying to update this laptop model?

I got a SSD Samsung M2 950 Pro with the 2.2 Driver for Nvme.
15 REPLIES 15

JustinThyme
Level 13
This is happening across the board on many platforms. Im betting your SSD is configured as a raid in the BIOS and not the AHCI or its running Samsung drivers.
This update has been more of a fail than success.
Check these two items and check back and Ill see If I can help you navigate an attempt at it anyhow.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks for the quick answer.Got AHCI on the bios, but got Samsung Driver on.Should i remove it, update and reinstalled?

If your BIOS is set to AHCI, it doesn't mater whether your running the Samsung or Windows NVME driver they both do the same thing.
I posted earlier on how to download from MCT and running an in place upgrade saving your files and setting.
If your trying for a Clean install, then start the install then open command prompt Shift F10, use diskpart to clean your SSD and then convert it to GPT, continue with the clean install using the USB media your created with MCT..
I just did mine changing from RST RAID drive to first windows natve NVME drier them upgrading that to Samsung NVME 2.2 driver.
Native windows driver sucked real bad, speeds were similar to a 860 Pro, but after Samsung 2.2 driver installed I got back up to the same levels I was getting with the RST drivers. All I gained was being able to use Samsun Magician. Which I updated firmware for both my 960 Pro and 850 Pro. Actual performance is about the same as running the RST driver.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

So if i'm gonna do a fresh install from 0, will be fix this issue?What setting should i put SATA mode in the bios?

Thanks a lot for your helps mates.

If you want to use the IRST Driver then you would put your BIOS to RAID
If you want to use NVME driver then you would put your BIOS to ACHI
Use disport to Clean your SSD and Convert to GPT
If your going to use the RST driver have it ready to install during the install you'll need to load it to see your SSD
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

NeoBeum
Level 9
Killaz_87 wrote:
Hi guys, new on the forums.Anyone got stucked trying to update this laptop model?

Fear not brolets... I'm almost done the CustOEM Windows 10 Installation and Recovery Image

68322 68323 68324

NeoBeum
Level 9
Killaz_87 wrote:

Samsung released WHQL Signed NVMe Drivers a few hours ago...

http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools.html

They are still 2.2, but actually signed now

Here try these

Samsung's Site has hit the limit for SSD Downloads, so here:
https://github.com/NeoBeum/ASUS-G751JY

Thanks guys for your help.

Unfortunately the new signed samsung driver the issue persist.

I will try a brand new installation.

Samsung NVME 2.2 I downloaded day before yesterday works just fine. not issues no warning.
So you problem is not the Samsung driver.
If your doing an in place upgrade start the upgrade from with in windows and select save your files.
The install will load the windows native drivers if your on NVME driver, or the IRST driver will remain which is the default, You can't mix these two drivers. which you may update to Samsung if you like.
Otherwise it sounds to me like you trying to install a NVME driver on top of the IRST Driver and that is not going to work no mater what version
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro