cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ram wont oc and computer shut down

masterac
Level 8
hie to all, i finaly got my new gaming streaming rig up, and i spare no expense.

motherboard is of course the zenith
ram 64 ddr4 3600 mhz rgb gskill in quad channel
psu is ax 1500i corsair
gpu is aorus 1080 ti WB

all of that using a watercooling loop, my cpu temp it at 58 degree, but i remember than i need to take of 27 degree, so its at 31 degree.

now for the issue, i cant boot using 3600 mhz, and i dont get why, my ram is specified for that frequency, and the mobo can take it has well, cost me 800 euro to get all 4 stick together so there is no way i am letting this go.

can anyone help ?

thx
16 REPLIES 16

Praz
Level 13
Hello

G.Skill does not have a 3600MHz 64GB kit qualified for the Zenith Extreme. A better choice would have been dropping down a couple of speed bins from the max memory specs of the motherboard and purchasing a kit stated for use with your system.

Praz wrote:
Hello

G.Skill does not have a 3600MHz 64GB kit qualified for the Zenith Extreme. A better choice would have been dropping down a couple of speed bins from the max memory specs of the motherboard and purchasing a kit stated for use with your system.

what do you mean, they do a 3600mhz quad kit, how is that not qulified for the zenith ? since the zenith does 3600 max

masterac wrote:
what do you mean, they do a 3600mhz quad kit, how is that not qulified for the zenith ? since the zenith does 3600 max

Sorry to burst your bubble, but XMP profiles are made on Intel platform with their memory controller.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/gaming/extreme-memory-profile-xmp.html

You will not be able to reach that speed with that exact kit on a Zenith Extreme motherboard. (Single rank can reach higher than Dual Rank, but 3600MHz on single rank is to push the limits and may not be obtainable on all TR chips)

Hello

G.Skill, at their website, lists that model for Intel only. Neither G.Skill nor ASUS show any kits qualified for your system at the speed and density you have purchased.

masterac wrote:

masterac wrote:
hold one, you are telling me this aint quad ? i bought them in the same package

here is the reference to the ram i am using

F4-3600c17q-64gtzr
ddr4-3600 cl17-19-19-39 1.35v
16gx4 intel xmp 2.0 ready

Praz wrote:
Hello

G.Skill, at their website, lists that model for Intel only. Neither G.Skill nor ASUS show any kits qualified for your system at the speed and density you have purchased.

those kit have been used for demo threadripper, how then can you buy a cpu if there is no ram yet on the market ?

Ljugtomten
Level 9
4 sticks totalling to 64GB would mean 16GB/stick which are Dual Rank.

For Dual Rank, you are probably able to run them stable at 3066MHz.
Pro tip, boot them at stock speed, and extract the XMP details and enter the timings for 3066MHz manually in UEFI (don't forget to sett DIMM voltage to 1.35V at both sections in UEFI (during POST when training is performed and after that is performed).

I used SIV64 to read all XMP profiles and test which was stable for me, which was 3066MHz when using 16GB dual rank DIMMs. (Corsair with Samsung B-die)

Ljugtomten wrote:
4 sticks totalling to 64GB would mean 16GB/stick which are Dual Rank.

For Dual Rank, you are probably able to run them stable at 3066MHz.
Pro tip, boot them at stock speed, and extract the XMP details and enter the timings for 3066MHz manually in UEFI (don't forget to sett DIMM voltage to 1.35V at both sections in UEFI (during POST when training is performed and after that is performed).

I used SIV64 to read all XMP profiles and test which was stable for me, which was 3066MHz when using 16GB dual rank DIMMs. (Corsair with Samsung B-die)

F4-3600c17q-64gtzr

masterac wrote:

F4-3600c17q-64gtzr

If you are using all four memory channels on the motherboard, then yes you are using quad channel.

Information about Single / Dual Rank:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_rank

Ljugtomten wrote:
If you are using all four memory channels on the motherboard, then yes you are using quad channel.

Information about Single / Dual Rank:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_rank

the kit i use seem to be dual rank