cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus X Hero (Z370) -> how to fix Vcore?

Atifan
Level 7
Hi, I want to overclock my 8700K and want to fix Vcore.
I set 1.25V in Bios, but when I start Prime95, the Vcore under load always goes up to 1.312V?
Someone knows why? Normaly 1.25V should be hightest without load and load Vcore should be less (Vdroop).
5 REPLIES 5

Atifan
Level 7
Bios = 0505

Praz
Level 13
Hello

Adjust LLC to tune the loaded VCORE. And if necessary fine tune the IA AC and DC load lines.

Atifan
Level 7
I have LLC on AUTO. But should the Vcore not be lower than 1.25V on laod? LLC should regulate the Vdroop from 1.25V down to lower or not? But the Vcore under load should not be higher than idle. Or do i not understand it right? Or is there a positive offset through the LLC?

Atifan wrote:
I have LLC on AUTO. But should the Vcore not be lower than 1.25V on laod? LLC should regulate the Vdroop from 1.25V down to lower or not? But the Vcore under load should not be higher than idle. Or do i not understand it right? Or is there a positive offset through the LLC?

LLC on auto gives really high vcore for some reason. Try setting it manually to 5 or 6. For me LLC at 6 worked ok at 1.350v, which ends up giving me between 1.344-1.360v. The same vcore on auto LLC got me to 1.408v.

Atifan
Level 7
Yeah thx i got it. LLC on 5 and it works. 🙂