Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Same problem with my GX501VIK.

The only way it "works" is to set the color to YUV4:2:0, which is a bit of a hack Nvidia put in to compress 4k/60Hz to work over HDMI 1.4. This shouldn't be necessary if this were an HDMI 2.0 output as it says in the specifications, and you'll basically be getting the worst color and no HDR. Basically it compresses the color information to a quarter of what it should be, as detailed here.

I would really like to know what, if anything, can be done about this. If the HDMI output is actually 1.4, which is exactly how it behaves, then that not only makes it unsuitable for gaming at 4k, it likely will restrict what you can do with the next generation of VR headsets as the current ones are basically near the limit of what HDMI 1.4 can handle, and if they bump the resolution any higher it's going to require the new port working properly. The laptop should stop being advertised as having HDMI 2.0 if it does not, and if it does I sure would like to know how to make it work properly.

Super Moderator Array

Hi all
    What's the source of your image output? Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by OnePiece@ASUS View Post
    Hi all
    What's the source of your image output? Netflix?
    Any raw output from the laptop.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by VixusFoxy View Post
    Any raw output from the laptop.
    Got it. I will report it to our R&D department.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Zephyrus can't display 4k Resolution when connected via HDMI to my 55' 4k TV !

Helllo all

I have the same problem here. Every time I try to plug via hdmi my zephyrus to my Samsung js9000 55' tv into 4k resolution the signal goes off and there is no display.
    I can only plug the laptop via 1080p.

whether its windows desktop or in-game I can't seem to display my laptop on my tv when in 4k.

hdmi cable I'm using is working just fine as I have been using it to connect my desktop (x51) and 4k was working perfectly on my tv. I tried anyway other hdmi cable (4k display cables) and same problem.

the problem seem with the laptop.

please advise!!
    this urgently needs a fix

New ROGer Array

Such a shame i was just about to buy this laptop and i fortunately ran into this matter.Id be so pissed not being able to play on 4k tv which im also about to buy..

i guess ill go with aorus x5 instead ..

ex g750jz owner.

New ROGer Array

Showstopper

I have the same issue. No modern HDMI perhipials work as there is a problem with HDMI 2.0 compatibility.

4k 60 hz gaming = No Go.
    Modern TVs (HDR) = No Go.
    Modern VR headsets (like the Samsung VR Odyssey headsets) = No Go.

Everybody is having the same issue, but absolute silence from ASUS. Pity on an otherwise fantastic laptop. Returning mine.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by OnePiece@ASUS View Post
    Got it. I will report it to our R&D department.
    Thank you.
    This was a month ago. What is going on?

New ROGer Array

The HDMI 2.0 spec was released in 2013. This is a brand new laptop and you advertise HDMI 2.0 support and Thunderbolt 3. This is incorrect. With some goodwill, you could say that it supports Thunderbolt 3 ____OR____ HDMI 2.0. And you have to buy a dongle/dock.

And if you DO buy a dongle or a dock, you will have to say goodbye to even using a single full thunderbolt 3 bandwidth device as most of the bandwidth is gone for the HDMI adapter.

This is the only gaming laptop in this segment that only supports a seven year old HDMI spec. If your Zephyrus is only used for office powerpoint presentations, I guess you are fine with this.
    Last edited by Mountain Jack; 01-11-2018 at 10:02 PM.

New ROGer Array

imm buying a dell laptop instead.

hope asus responds to this matter for zephyrus owners.

such a dramatic issue..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast