cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GX501 Zephyrus unable to output 4k60hz HDMI

Mechorpheus
Level 7
Hi,

I've had this problem ongoing for a while, thought I'd ask here incase anyone's seen it.

While I'm overall really happy with my Zephyrus, there's a weird problem with the HDMI output. While connected to my Panasonic 4K TV, I'm not able to get the laptop to output picture to the display when selecting 4k (3840x2160) resolution at 60hz. The option appears in the menu as selectable, and it appears as if the laptop believes it's been set (I can move the cursor off the laptops panel when in 'Extend' mode), but the TV shows a 'no input' message. 4K 30hz is also selectable, and this works fine, so it's as if the output is stuck at HDMI v1.4 for some reason.

I know the TV itself is working fine, as I've had no issue running at 4K 60hz on my desktop PC, and I've used the same HDMI cable with the laptop. I'm curious as to whether there's a particular driver which is incorrectly installed or something? I have re-installed Windows 10 since I purchased the machine and this didn't resolve the issue.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
43 REPLIES 43

Finnman1983
Level 7
I'm having the exact same problem. It has made for some embarrassing meetings at work fumbling around my laptop delaying the meeting.

Did you guys updated your GeForce driver?

DJRiful wrote:
Did you guys updated your GeForce driver?

Yes, and the official Asus drivers for the device. It still does not work.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Hi , I will report this problem to our technical support department.
Would you please tell me your device's name or model's name?

OnePiece@ASUS wrote:
Hi , I will report this problem to our technical support department.
Would you please tell me your device's name or model's name?

Asus Zephyrus GX501VI

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
Finnman1983 wrote:
Asus Zephyrus GX501VI

Sorry, I mean the model of the external equipment.

My laptop model is the same as Finnman's, (GX501VI), and I'm trying to connect to a Panasonic Viera 40DX700B. This TV works absolutely fine at 4K/60fps on both my desktop PC (running a NVidia GTX 1080 ti GPU) as well as a PS4 Pro games console. I've tested using the same HDMI cable as I use for these devices and the laptop still refuses to output an image at 4K/60fps. I'm able to select the option in the nvidia control panel, and setting it seems to make the laptop attempt to set it (and it asks me to confirm settings with the count-down timer), but nothing is displayed on the TV.

I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers presently 388.13.

Greetings,

I was able to verify this issue with a Samsung Q7F television. No ability to output 4K60Hz.
I made sure to check cables, and other devices using those same cables, and they worked fine.

GX501VIK
The best part about ASUS ROG's $4000± Zephyrus GX501 laptops is undeniably, that
[they] [come] [with] [built-in airbags]
which take about 7 to 10 months to deploy. And can not be removed by the user, because that voids the warranty.
But that's an easter egg that ASUS won't admit exists, so don't tell anyone. 🙂

I have the same problem, I have an Asus Zephurus and I can't get my 4k monitor (Dell Up3216q) o achieve the 60hz, it's stuck in 30hz, if someone could solve the problem I told me about. Thanks