cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed Asus ROG Strix z270e gaming and 2 x Samsung 960 evo nvme

jvernikos
Level 7
Hi Guys,

I have had my build for a few months I am struggling on fixing the problems with my build. First below see the specs of my build and then I will list my problems and hopefully you can help me out.

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3000C15B 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 (installed on the reccomended A2/B2 slots)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB SSD, 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 2 x Force Series LS 120GB (one of the I believe is faulty, but still operational)
Graphics card: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB OC
PSU: Corsair CX-850 Modular 80+

Problem 1: PC won't start if I don't power cycle
So basically every time I wan't to start my PC, I need to turn of the PSU on the back wait for about 10-15 seconds and then turn it back on and then press the power up button. If I don't do this the pc will not start. Basically if a shut down at night and do not do the above process then my monitor never get a signal. I have my suspicion this has something to do with the nvme drives, but I do not know how to fix this. Some guidance would be appreciated.

Probelm 2: Can't set NVME drives to raid 0. So when I try the EZ wizard to do this, the configuration goes fine and then the bios reboots the pc and then blank screen, nothing.

Does anyone have any guidance on this? Is this a driver/firmware problem with the NVME's? Or does this drive suspicion that they might be faulty?

Thanks in advance guys.
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
Disable fast start up.
setting, power, chose what lid does, show more settings, uncheck fast start up.

As for raid you cant just set the drives to raid with the OS on them already.
You need to wipe them, set up in BIOS then do a clean install to the F6 prompt where you will have to load IRST drivers

Any particular reason you want to raid the drives? If its for raid 0 to gain speed dont wast your time. The max speed of these drives are already pushing the bandwidth limit of the PCH controller so raiding them wont do didly.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

caqo1971
Level 10
jvernikos wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have had my build for a few months I am struggling on fixing the problems with my build. First below see the specs of my build and then I will list my problems and hopefully you can help me out.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3000C15B 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 (installed on the reccomended A2/B2 slots)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB SSD, 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 2 x Force Series LS 120GB (one of the I believe is faulty, but still operational)

So basically every time I wan't to start my PC, I need to turn of the PSU on the back wait for about 10-15 seconds and then turn it back on and then press the power up button. If I don't do this the pc will not start. Basically if a shut down at night and do not do the above process then my monitor never get a signal. I have my suspicion this has something to do with the nvme drives, but I do not know how to fix this. Some guidance would be appreciated.

Probelm 2: Can't set NVME drives to raid 0. So when I try the EZ wizard to do this, the configuration goes fine and then the bios reboots the pc and then blank screen, nothing.

Does anyone have any guidance on this? Is this a driver/firmware problem with the NVME's? Or does this drive suspicion that they might be faulty?

Thanks in advance guys.

I think that it have to do with the last BIOS version. I have some extrange behaviour also. I have to power cycle the PC for My pendrive to be recognized. I Couldn't install Windows on My Samsung 960 EVo drive with the last BIOS update, I have a Maximus VIII Formula (Z170).

Chino
Level 15
jvernikos wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance guys.

Are you running the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Also clear your CMOS to put your system back to stock default and see if the system still fails to restart correctly.