New ROGer Array

Help Needed Asus ROG Strix z270e gaming and 2 x Samsung 960 evo nvme

Hi Guys,

I have had my build for a few months I am struggling on fixing the problems with my build. First below see the specs of my build and then I will list my problems and hopefully you can help me out.

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z270E Gaming Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3000C15B 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 (installed on the reccomended A2/B2 slots)
    Drives: 2 x Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB SSD, 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 2 x Force Series LS 120GB (one of the I believe is faulty, but still operational)
    Graphics card: ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB OC
    PSU: Corsair CX-850 Modular 80+

Problem 1: PC won't start if I don't power cycle
    So basically every time I wan't to start my PC, I need to turn of the PSU on the back wait for about 10-15 seconds and then turn it back on and then press the power up button. If I don't do this the pc will not start. Basically if a shut down at night and do not do the above process then my monitor never get a signal. I have my suspicion this has something to do with the nvme drives, but I do not know how to fix this. Some guidance would be appreciated.

Probelm 2: Can't set NVME drives to raid 0. So when I try the EZ wizard to do this, the configuration goes fine and then the bios reboots the pc and then blank screen, nothing.

Does anyone have any guidance on this? Is this a driver/firmware problem with the NVME's? Or does this drive suspicion that they might be faulty?

Thanks in advance guys.

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Disable fast start up.
    setting, power, chose what lid does, show more settings, uncheck fast start up.

As for raid you cant just set the drives to raid with the OS on them already.
    You need to wipe them, set up in BIOS then do a clean install to the F6 prompt where you will have to load IRST drivers

Any particular reason you want to raid the drives? If its for raid 0 to gain speed dont wast your time. The max speed of these drives are already pushing the bandwidth limit of the PCH controller so raiding them wont do didly.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 10-24-2017 at 03:16 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array caqo1971 PC Specs
    caqo1971 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi AC)
    ProcessorIntel i7 8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair DDR4 32Gb (4x8Gb) Vengeance RGB PRo 3200MHz
    Graphics Card #1nVidia ASUS 1080 Ti Strix
    MonitorASUS Swift PG258Q 3D 240Hz (1ms)
    Storage #12x Samsung SSD 970 EVOplus 250Gb (500Gb RAID 0)
    Storage #2Hitachi 2Tb (Games) + Hitachi 3Tb (Backup)
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i Pro RGB
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D RGB
    Power SupplySeasonic Premium AirTouch 850W 80+Gold
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB
    Mouse Crsair M65 Pro RGB
    Headset Sennheiser GSP 350 7.1
    Mouse Pad Corsair M330
    OS Windows 10 pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by jvernikos View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have had my build for a few months I am struggling on fixing the problems with my build. First below see the specs of my build and then I will list my problems and hopefully you can help me out.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LED CMU16GX4M2C3000C15B 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 (installed on the reccomended A2/B2 slots)
    Drives: 2 x Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB SSD, 1 x Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 2 x Force Series LS 120GB (one of the I believe is faulty, but still operational)

So basically every time I wan't to start my PC, I need to turn of the PSU on the back wait for about 10-15 seconds and then turn it back on and then press the power up button. If I don't do this the pc will not start. Basically if a shut down at night and do not do the above process then my monitor never get a signal. I have my suspicion this has something to do with the nvme drives, but I do not know how to fix this. Some guidance would be appreciated.

Probelm 2: Can't set NVME drives to raid 0. So when I try the EZ wizard to do this, the configuration goes fine and then the bios reboots the pc and then blank screen, nothing.

Does anyone have any guidance on this? Is this a driver/firmware problem with the NVME's? Or does this drive suspicion that they might be faulty?

Thanks in advance guys.
    I think that it have to do with the last BIOS version. I have some extrange behaviour also. I have to power cycle the PC for My pendrive to be recognized. I Couldn't install Windows on My Samsung 960 EVo drive with the last BIOS update, I have a Maximus VIII Formula (Z170).
    ASUS Maximus XI HERO (Wi-Fi AC) / Intel Core i7 8700K / CPU Cooler Corsair H115i PRO RGB / 32GB (4x8Gb) Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB DDR4 3200MHz / nVidia ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX / 2x Samsung SSD 970 EVOPlus 250Gb (500gb RAID 0) + 2T + 3Tb Toshiba SATA 6gb / Case Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB / PS Seasonic AirTouch Premium 850W / Asus ROG Swift PG258Q Monitor 3D 240Hz (1ms) / Headset Sennheiser GSP350 7.1 / Corsair Strafe RGB Mechanical Keyboard / Mouse Corsair M65 pro RGB

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array

Quote Originally Posted by jvernikos View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance guys.
    Are you running the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Also clear your CMOS to put your system back to stock default and see if the system still fails to restart correctly.