cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z370-E - No RGB LEDs

madsushi
Level 7
Howdy!

I have been having an issue with the RGB lights/controller on my Z370-E since the first time I turned it on. The on-board/shield RGB lights have never turned on,
here it was at first boot:

In addition, the strips I connect to the normal RGB headers just go through their default cycle, nothing else.

When running any version of the Aura software (including latest 1.05.22), there is no "Motherboard" option, only DRAM and ADD STRIP. The DRAM controls actually do control my G.Skill RGB RAM, but I can't control the motherboard RGB lights nor the regular strips (not the addressable strips).

Anyone else run into this issue? I saw some posts on other product lines about flashing the C6H firmware but I wanted to check in here first and see if anyone had seen this. I tried flashing new BIOS versions (including 0419 and later 5419) and clearing CMOS (battery out + jumper cleared). No luck so far. I have a support ticket open but wanted to ask here too.
29 REPLIES 29

Raja
Level 13
Will look into this. Haven't seen anyone else reporting it on this board thus far. Is the RGB lighting active during standby? There is version 1.05.25 on the support page, but I hear that needs patching for the Windows Fall Creator's update.

In any case:

1) Navigate to the main page in UEFI and check what is displayed against the LED EC version entry. It should display a firmware version. Let us know what's displayed.

2) Try pressing the reset button in the Aura software.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Will look into this. Haven't seen anyone else reporting it on this board thus far. Is the RGB lighting active during standby? There is version 1.05.25 on the support page, but I hear that needs patching for the Windows Fall Creator's update.

In any case:

1) Navigate to the main page in UEFI and check what is displayed against the LED EC version entry. It should display a firmware version. Let us know what's displayed.

2) Try pressing the reset button in the Aura software.

Thanks for the reply.

No, the RGB lighting on the motherboard has never been active, in standby or otherwise.

1.05.25 was one of the versions I tried, and currently have installed. I haven't installed the Fall Creator's update yet.

Regarding #1:

There is no LED EC version listed, only LED EC2 version:

Regarding #2:

I have hit the reset button (top right) and this does not cause the MOTHERBOARD option to show up in Aura, despite pushing it many times. 🙂

madsushi wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

No, the RGB lighting on the motherboard has never been active, in standby or otherwise.

1.05.25 was one of the versions I tried, and currently have installed. I haven't installed the Fall Creator's update yet.

Regarding #1:

There is no LED EC version listed, only LED EC2 version:

Regarding #2:

I have hit the reset button (top left) and this does not cause the MOTHERBOARD option to show up in Aura, despite pushing it many times. 🙂

Suspect the cable connecting the RGB LED PCB in the shroud to the MB may be loose or damaged. You can either check it yourself, or RMA the board.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Suspect the cable connecting the RGB LED PCB in the shroud to the MB may be loose or damaged. You can either check it yourself, or RMA the board.

Raja, thanks for the info. I removed the shroud and reseated the cable snugly on both sides. This resolved my issue, and the lights are active now. Thanks!

madsushi wrote:
Raja, thanks for the info. I removed the shroud and reseated the cable snugly on both sides. This resolved my issue, and the lights are active now. Thanks!

Great. Glad it's working now.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

How do i remove the shroud and it is easy removing it?

Fanslol wrote:
How do i remove the shroud and it is easy removing it?

You have to remove the motherboard and there are 3 small screws on the back holding the plastic cover. Also, be careful re-installing the cover as the screws can easily thread the cover.

Carbonicdk
Level 8
The built in motherboard light on my Z370-e is not detected on my Aura either. It do however cycle through the colors unless I turn it off in the BIOS.
Fall Update user here.

Carbonicdk
Level 8
madsushi is your Aura actually capable of detecting the light now?