Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    New ROGer Array

I have just completed my first build with this board and am also having issues with the rgb on the motherboard, the lights come on at boot up and remain on for about 20 minutes, then they just go out, the lights on the ram stay on all the the time, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

New ROGer Array sena168 PC Specs
    sena168 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
    ProcessorIntel i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200MHz 16GB Kit (2x8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING
    MonitorSamsung BX2450
    Storage #1Samsung NVMe SSD 960 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2Intel® SSD 520 Series (2x120GB) Raid 0
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH U14S
    CaseCorsair Obsidian Series® 650D
    Power SupplyCorsair Professional Series™ Gold AX850
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (MX Brown)
    Headset SteelSeries H Wireless
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kebamo View Post
    I have just completed my first build with this board and am also having issues with the rgb on the motherboard, the lights come on at boot up and remain on for about 20 minutes, then they just go out, the lights on the ram stay on all the the time, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Kebamo, I think you got nothing to lose to take the mobo out and check if you have similar cable detachment issue.

My mobo RGB initially worked (AURA Sync was able to detect it) but eventually went out, at first I thought its to do with the AURA Sync software but only when I took the shroud out I discovered the cable was loosely attaching to the port, once I plugged it back in, BAMM! All worked normally.

New ROGer Array

Thank you, i'm reluctant to remove the shroud as the lights will always come on at first boot, it's only after an hour or so they stop working, if i then go to the Aura softeware and switch off and on they strat working again

ROG Junior Member Array Wr3cklessAnt1cs PC Specs
    Wr3cklessAnt1cs PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X370-F
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 1600
    Memory (part number)G.Skill TridentZ 16GB RGB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW
    MonitorDell 27" 1440p - S2716DG
    Storage #1HP 120GB SSD
    Storage #24TB Western Digital
    CPU CoolerDEEPCOOL Captain EX 240
    CaseCoolerMaster MasterBox 5 Pro RGB
    Power SupplyCorsair 650W - CX650M
    Keyboard Mad Catz S.T.R.I.K.E 3
    Mouse EagelTec Gaming Mouse
    Headset TurtleBeach Earforce P11
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 7.1 Surround w/ Sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNetgear WNDR4500v2

This worked for me. The lights would come on at first boot, they were on while the system was off as well. I removed the shroud, and to my surprise the connection was loose. Tightened it back up, and BAM. Everything works great. AURA recognizes my mobo lights, and I can sync them with my strips and RAM.

Thanks for the help, guys. Glad I found this thread!

ROG Member Array

I need help my z370e motherboards led stopped working suddenly ,I removed the cable under the led on motherboard and replugged it still nothing....
    I even installed latest bios windows and aura software but nothing happened help!!!!!!!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by IraHayes View Post
    Hi,

Can you maybe share your bios version?

I got this motherboard just a few days ago and had to update my BIOS (0518) to work with gskill 3866 RAM and right after booting into windows I noticed my motherboard IO shield LED stopped working.

So I found your thread and re-connected the RGB strip under the IO shield, inserted the ATX 24 pin, switched on the PSU - boom - the RGB strip switched.
    Celebrated too soon, as soon as I connected my gpu 1080ti strix the LED went out but the LED on the gpu switched on. After connecting the CPU 8 pin power the RGB strip came back for a few seconds before completely switching off / dying.

Downgrading the bios to 0428 didn't solve the problem, also the BIOS doesn't show a controller present at EC1.

Windows 10 build 1709.
    BIOS version should be in the screenshots (0612)

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by kebamo View Post
    Thank you, i'm reluctant to remove the shroud as the lights will always come on at first boot, it's only after an hour or so they stop working, if i then go to the Aura softeware and switch off and on they strat working again
    That's odd, mine was securely fastened and it still had the problem

New ROGer Array esquivelchris89 PC Specs
    esquivelchris89 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog Strix z370-E
    ProcessorIntel i7-8700k
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 970 Pro (512gb)
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x62 v2
    CaseNzxt H440 Razer Edition
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro + Game DAC
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma/ Razer Firefly Chroma Hard Edition

On When pc is in sleep mode or shut down. Not when on.

Hi all,

hate to bring this thread back to life but I run into a similar issue but not as simple.
    My LED turns on when pc is in sleep mode or shut down. Once it awakens or turns on, the LED goes out. In BIOS I have it set to always be on and not sure why it is not working.

I will check connection behind the shield once I get home and update the thread.

Thanks

New ROGer Array esquivelchris89 PC Specs
    esquivelchris89 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog Strix z370-E
    ProcessorIntel i7-8700k
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 970 Pro (512gb)
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken x62 v2
    CaseNzxt H440 Razer Edition
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Steelseries Arctis Pro + Game DAC
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus Extended Chroma/ Razer Firefly Chroma Hard Edition

No luck

Quote Originally Posted by esquivelchris89 View Post
    Hi all,

hate to bring this thread back to life but I run into a similar issue but not as simple.
    My LED turns on when pc is in sleep mode or shut down. Once it awakens or turns on, the LED goes out. In BIOS I have it set to always be on and not sure why it is not working.

I will check connection behind the shield once I get home and update the thread.

Thanks
    So I got home, took everything apart, checked connections.. All was connected correctly.
    Not sure why this is happening.
    I just want my LED to turn on and sync up with all of my other lights.

This is very frustrating

ROG Junior Member Array

I have something similar going on, I am wondering if could be the same thing.

I didn't even know I had a light under the Shroud,maybe it was working but it is not working now.

Also for the Last month or so my CoolerMaster RGB liquid cooler is not lighting up either.

I am wondering if this is the same issue in one as both lights and Cooler (which is plugged into the MotherBoard AO Pump) is not working

thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3