cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG STRIX Z370 E GAMING: Bios 0419 breaks XMP support for F4-4000C18Q-32GTZ RAM

ZooLz8l
Level 7
Hi,

as the topic says my F4-400C18Q-32GTZ RAM was working fine with the XMP profile under the old firmware 0410.
With the 0419 bios the system won't boot with XMP enabled(POST fails during RAM test). After I switched back to 0410 everything is working again
I am using a 8700k without any OC.

Is there any setting different between 0410 and 0419 which could lead to this or is the newest firmware bugged?

Greetings!
7 REPLIES 7

Raja
Level 13
Try tuning the SA and IO voltages. May have been some rule changes. You can check.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Try tuning the SA and IO voltages. May have been some rule changes. You can check.

Thanks for the super quick reply.

Is there any changelog? it would be nice to know those changes to avoid confusion.

Another things to point out: the ram was never stable at 4000mhz. Asus list the ram as compatible with 4000mhz but g.skill does not list the motherboard as compatible. just a side not that might interest people.

After updating the Maximus X Hero from bios 0213 to 0505 I was now able to run the G.Skill f4-4000c18d-16gtzr kit at XMP speeds. So very likely both bioses have had changes affecting memory stability.

Raja@ASUS wrote:

'You can check.' Is this not exactly why we expect changelists?

Crysto wrote:

Seeing as there are no (or only limited) changelists...

Crysto wrote:
After updating the Maximus X Hero from bios 0213 to 0505 I was now able to run the G.Skill f4-4000c18d-16gtzr kit at XMP speeds. So very likely both bioses have had changes affecting memory stability.

I updated to 0505 and can no longer run my 3733mhz XMP profile. Seems a lot of people are having trouble running 3600+ with the new bios.

Shamino
can you try, under dram timings/training algorythm/

Enable Read time centering 2D

Disable DIMM ODT training

before saving and exiting

Carbonicdk
Level 8
There's the same issue with F4-3600c16q-32gtzr which I've yet to solve. Might be a more general issue.