cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEDs on ROG Strix GTX 1070 08G don't match

IainB
Level 7
The LED under the backplate doesn't sync with the LEDS that are on the back edge of the card or with the lit logo on the side
It might be hard to see but the backplate LED is teal but the rest of the LEDs are blue. It does this with every color. The backplate LED is always a lighter shade of what the color should be
Does anyone else have this problem?
10 REPLIES 10

EaglePC
Level 10
same here to white is white except my rog logo is yellow then blue except red rog logo seems annoying hate to rma the card at least i leave it on red then all colors match
Asus Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7940X / Corsair H115i Pro / CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3000MHz / EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE GAMING BLACK Edition / 2x Samsung 970 Pro NMVe 1GB / 4x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB / Asus ROG Swift PG348Q / Corsair AX 1500i / Thermaltake View 71 RGB PC Case /Win 10 PRO x64

I'm still having this problem, here is a (hopefully) a clearer picture. You can see that the top of the card is red while the bottom of the card, and the rest of the system, is all purple.

Surely this can be fixed with a firmware update.

IainB wrote:
I'm still having this problem, here is a (hopefully) a clearer picture. You can see that the top of the card is red while the bottom of the card, and the rest of the system, is all purple.

Surely this can be fixed with a firmware update.

I have a GTX1080ti O11G and a GTX1080ti 11G with the same issue, both used less than 1 year..........
the quality of those LED is suck.......

panzlock
Level 12

I have the same problem. And phone and scissors.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you guys check that you have the latest drivers and Aura version, set the colors to red, blue, and green, then show what happens for each?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Can you guys check that you have the latest drivers and Aura version, set the colors to red, blue, and green, then show what happens for each?

Which drivers? I have the latest nVidia driver but I don't think that really has any effect on the LEDs. Can you be more specific? I just re-built this computer last week, upgrading from a 2600k to an 8900k but the videocard carried over. I can't find the version of Aura but I just downloaded it from the ASUS website last week so it should be the latest. But this card has had this problem since I bought it last year.

When setting the synchronized color in Aura to static and choosing the Red (255,0,0), Green (0,255,0) or Blue (0,0,255) the LEDs on the video card all match each other. But as soon as I deviate from those 3 base colors that's when the LEDs on the video card go out of sync with each other.

Red (255,0,0)

Green (0,255,0)

Blue (0,0,255)

The previous three all look fine, but when I start deviating from the three base colors the card 's LEDs go out of whack:

Yellow (255,255,0) You can see that the LEDs in the backplate is orange

Purple (255,0,255) You can see that the LEDs in the backplate is red

Cyan (0,255,255) The camera in my phone freaks out with this one, but you can see the LEDs backplate doesn't match the rest of the card. In person the backplate is green.

Setting the colors to anything else puts the video card's LEDs out of sync.

I know the LEDs in the backplate can handle the full range of color because when I have the system set to "color cycle" they go through them all, but they are out of whack with the rest of the video card and the other system LEDs.

Here is a video I took of the color cycling that shows the backplate LEDs out of sync:

thanks!
iain

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Can you confirm the version of Aura Iainb regardless of where you downloaded it from?

I'll try and replicate this here at some point.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone wrote:
Can you confirm the version of Aura Iainb regardless of where you downloaded it from?

I'll try and replicate this here at some point.

Sure thing, but I don't know where to verify it within the app. There is no help or about menu in the Aura software that displays the version number (maybe something worth passing along to that development team 😛 ).

I went back to the website I downloaded it from:
https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/download.html

The version I downloaded and installed is v1.05.28.

My motherboard (Asus ROG Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC) is running the latest BIOS, v1003. But to be clear, the LEDs in this card exhibited the exact same behavior when it was plugged into my ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 (Sandy Bridge) before I upgraded. That's when I took the picture in my original post.

thanks!
iain

This is how messed up the LEDs are on this card. I have the system set to white (255,255,255) and the card is purple and orange.