Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Junior Member Array

Hello again.

Finally I was able to fix it, looking and asking i found this replacement in Ebay "NEW DC POWER JACK BOARD FOR ASUS G750 G750JZ-XS72 G750JZ-17FA G750JZ-QB71" the seller is named EXCELI INFORMATIQUE.

I could install it by myself. My laptop model is G750JY, but when I disassembled it, the DC IN board was labeled G750JZ, so the new one is 100% compatible. Thanks also to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBoqntue4Kk full tutorial for disassembling. Ebay seller is based in France so it only took 5 five days to deliver to Spain by normal post.

I hope this helps to other with the same problem.

Thanks,

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array Darnassus PC Specs
    Darnassus PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VS -=-=- G750JX
    MotherboardASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G752VS (U3E1) -=-=- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G750JX (SOCKET 0)
    Processori7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz -=-=- i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz - 3.40GHz
    Memory (part number)2x16gb (M471A2K43BB1-CRC) -=-=- 2x8gb (HMT41GS6AFR8A-PB)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 (8GB) -=-=- GTX 770M (3GB)
    Sound CardRealtek High Definition Audio / NVIDIA High Definition Audio
    MonitorGSync IPS 75HZ -=-=- Chi Mei 60Hz (Overclocked to 85Hz)
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB x2 -=-=- LITEONIT LCS-256M6S
    Storage #2HGST HTS721010A9E630 -=-=- ST1000LM024 HN-M101MBB
    CPU CoolerStock -=-=- Stock
    CaseStock -=-=- Stock
    Power SupplyStock -=-=- Stock
    Keyboard Stock -=-=- Stock
    Mouse Razer Naga Epic 1st Generation
    Headset SPH 2500
    Mouse Pad Razer Goliathus
    OS Winblows 10 Pro -=-=- Winblows 8.1 Pro
    Network RouterCG3000v2

Well done. ;x
    Gosh Blue Lady.. ❤

JOIN THE ASUS T-SHOOT DISCORD <-- Clicky!

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by agmvc5 View Post
    Hello again.

Finally I was able to fix it, looking and asking i found this replacement in Ebay "NEW DC POWER JACK BOARD FOR ASUS G750 G750JZ-XS72 G750JZ-17FA G750JZ-QB71" the seller is named EXCELI INFORMATIQUE.

I could install it by myself. My laptop model is G750JY, but when I disassembled it, the DC IN board was labeled G750JZ, so the new one is 100% compatible. Thanks also to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBoqntue4Kk full tutorial for disassembling. Ebay seller is based in France so it only took 5 five days to deliver to Spain by normal post.

I hope this helps to other with the same problem.

Thanks,
    Hey, this is OP Did this fix work until today? Im thinking about getting a board from that ebay seller, I think I have found the correct board for around 100 EUR... But I dont even know if this will really fix it...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Hi, I have replaced entire DC power board in my G751jy and it was working OK but for about 1 year. Definitely much shorter time then expected. And it was original ASUS spare part. I still have the old part too.

However I have the advice for you to rescue the port if you have some manual skills (without any soldering and replacing required):

The problem are connections inside the port itself. They have a design flaw. If you can see inside the port itself with the magnifying glass and strong light... There are 6 small metal plates around the inner circle (3 at the left side and 3 at the right side) - they suppose to contact external surface of the power plug... And there are 2 more metal plates at top and bottom sides of the middle round plastic (the one with the pin hole) - they suppose to contact the internal surface of the plug, plus the pin in the hole. All 8 metal plugs should be resilient. And they are in a brand new port.

The problem is, that heavy CPU/GPU demanding games require high power DC in... But over time the connections between the metal plates and the plug are simply loosing up little bit but very persistently. This produces the additional heat at the connections / metal plates.
    This additional heat impacts all the metal plates inside the plug... They just start to be more flat faster and faster due to hotter and hotter temps... They are no more resilient so they do not contact well. Some of them are even pushed inside their holes and do not contact the plug at all. All these makes the situation that port CAN'T transfer enough power to the main board... It's not enough that only few metal plates are working ok.

So what can you do?

Just take some long and strong needle and try to bend out the metal plates again in their correct positions. They should stick out little bit "above" the diameter of the port surfaces. And I mean ALL those 6 + 2 plates.
    If after this procedure you are NOT able to insert the plug into the port - DO NOT push the plug with any stronger force or you will PUSH metal plates inside the holes and it will be difficult to put them back in correct positions again. This difficulty only means that you have bent the plates little bit too much... just make them little bit more flat again and try again to insert the plug. It should insert now without any major force but now it should connect OK. Good luck and be very careful with this job.

I have done this 3 days ago with my G751JY.

See the picture below -this is my old spare part board where I was practicing:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-12-30 22_15_58-Window.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	87396
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 12-30-2020 at 09:30 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Wow this is very exciting. I will try this tomorrow. Is it possible to this while the laptop is assembled, or should i take it out ?

Very very excited to try this !

No need to take it out. I have done it without extracting this port/board.
    I was sure to do like this since first I practiced with my old spare DC board you see at the picture above.
    Just do not shortcut anything = work with one plate and do not touch the other. You need the strong needle that does not bend.

By the way, it was Cyberpunk 2077 that forced me to fix again my DC power port... since it was overheating too much and I was experiencing switching to "on battery" few times per hour due to high power need that port was not able to provide. Now all OK.

P.S.
    My advice for the future. When shutting down the laptop, remove the power plug so the metal plates will have time to return to the default resilient positions. Believe me... when I was replacing DC board 1 ear ago, the plug was fitting tight only with the new DC board/port. But I kept the old DC board. When I dig it out after 1 year to test it... I have noticed that the older DC board was tight again, but the current one was not tight at all. However both had few plates flat. So the situation with my DC boards had turned around with respect to tightness of connection with the plug. However now (after bending) both are equally tight again. I was having my DC plug connected 24/365 = all the time. I will change that habit now.

P.S.2
    Be sure to bend the plates symmetrically - same amount at all sides.
    For the top and bottom plates you will need two needles. One to press/hold the metal plate end facing you... and the second to bend it in the middle.
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 12-31-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Important update - 2 more metal plates inside and they are quite difficult to bend, but possible. If they pop-up from holdings, still can be pushed back.

Also there are 2 miro metal plates inside the pin hole. But it is completely impossible to me to bend them (if needed). Those pin plates should be left untouched I think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-12-31 12_51_28-Window.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	87401
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 12-31-2020 at 12:01 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

This is so good. Im very exited to try it out, but I am afraid I'm not gonna do it corectly. Could i get your discord so i can talk to you while im doing it?

my discord is: Sigurd#9263

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by ufotheswe View Post
    This is so good. Im very exited to try it out, but I am afraid I'm not gonna do it corectly. Could i get your discord so i can talk to you while im doing it?

my discord is: Sigurd#9263

Regards
    Hi, this is not rocket science. You should succeed. Just use some big / strong needle. Good luck.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Haha, thank you bro I tried and it didnt really work the way i hoped... The laptop wouldn't recocnize my charger. So I was plaiying around with the DC, putting it in and out, slowly trying to find a sweet spot... and then! All of a sudden i found a sweet spot and it started to charge (orange light) - so I tried to boot the PC, and then lights went out and it didnt charge anymore. .. I did this a few times.. tried to find the sweet spot, and let it charge up a little.. But when i booted the laptop, it would turn off.. Oh, well i thougnt, ill have 1 hour of gaming on the battery, then ill charge again.. So I played Sea of Thieves, and it turned itself off after a few minutes. BUT lo' and behold, the light had turned green, and its still green! Two days later its working, the light is green, its connecting well and i can play (on the lowest graphics with low resolution)..

Let the saga continue ..

Thanks again Sanctrum, I dont know if it helped, but it made me mess around some around now I got to use it for a few days
    Last edited by ufotheswe; 01-03-2021 at 08:12 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast