Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Indeed the saga continues...

So, without farther introductions I have to admit that manual bending of metal plates inside the port is very short time solution and is only prolonging the final death of DC IN board for approx 3-4 weeks.
    Mine old spare part board with much tighter port (get tighter over time when left alone disassembled) when put back into G751jy made things worse.
    Mine newer/current DC IN board... kept degrading despite of manual bending of connectors

So there are three possibilities now: DC IN port must be replaced... or entire DC board must be replaced... or... the worst case scenario: the speeded-up degradation of DC IN port/board is caused by some small shortcut in the main board circuits= to much Ampers.

So I have purchased new DC in port and the Hot Air station to resolder the new port into mine spare DC IN board... Waiting for the delivery... The time will tell.
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 01-18-2021 at 02:21 PM.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Update - Full success.

It took me a while, since they have sent me the wrong model of hot air soldering station... So I had to wait for re-delivery of the correct one (it was not expensive: 260 PLN = 70$). But now my laptop is fully functional again.

I had the old DC in board with damaged DC in jack port as a spare part. I have bought some new ports for just 9 PLN = 2.5$ a piece. Desoldered the old one (had to use 420C hot air temp to desolder it correctly), cleaned the metal pads on the board... and soldered in the new port.
    Replaced the board in the laptop with the old one but now fixed... And 100% success.

Actually I was 1:1 copying this video of some Russian guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzv8jtwBva4

-----

So it is really the problem with the port itself... or just with the cold solder in the original DC in board with the port connectors...

What is more... I also fixed the same way the DC board removed from the laptop = the newer one that started to malfunction too. So now I have fully working laptop and a fixed spare part for the future.
    So with the total cost of 75$ I have fixed two DC in boards... And saved 99$-75$ = 24$ (or 198$-75$=123$ if counting two boards) since the "brand" new DC in board costs 99$.
    Last edited by Sanctrum; 01-28-2021 at 10:22 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3