cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driver installation procedure after clean OS installing

Vanyushaa
Level 7
Hello members of ROG !!! My system build: i7 7700k+maximus hero IX+ m.2 samsung 960 evo+ 16 GB Corsair Vengance LPX@3000+ msi gtx 980
Sorry about my stupid question and terrible english, but

can anyone tell me in which order i must install drivers after clean OS installing ? ( im plug out internet cable and installing all drivers by myself)
For example how i`m doin it:
1.Chipset
2.MEI
3. Video (gtx 980)
4.Sound
5.LAN
6.SATA
7. m.2 SSD driver (samsung 960 evo)

...after all of this i`m check upgrades for OS. Tell me dudes - I do everything right ? Sorry for my language and THX for
attention !!!
12 REPLIES 12

JustinThyme
Level 13
What you have listed is perfect.
The most important is chipset first then MEI. After that it doesn't really matter.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Where do you find the MEI driver? I'm not seeing it under driver support for the Maximus IX Formula. Do you just download this through windows update?

BecomeApro wrote:
Where do you find the MEI driver? I'm not seeing it under driver support for the Maximus IX Formula. Do you just download this through windows update?

yep. In "Chipset" folder. Consumer MEI

JustinThyme wrote:
What you have listed is perfect.
The most important is chipset first then MEI. After that it doesn't really matter.

BIG THX FOR ANSWER!!!
Btw witch driver must be installed first: video or audio ? After Chipset and MEI

Vanyushaa wrote:
BIG THX FOR ANSWER!!!
Btw witch driver must be installed first: video or audio ? After Chipset and MEI

He said after those two it doesn't matter what comes next. It's all the same

BecomeApro wrote:
He said after those two it doesn't matter what comes next. It's all the same

okay it is clearly for me. Thx for answers !!!

Korth
Level 14
You might need to install Corsair (or other) software for your keyboard/mouse/etc.

And Aura stuff, if you use Aura stuff.

You don't need to install iGPU driver if you're not using iGPU. Or any of the fancy ASUS audio stuff if you just want basic codec functionality.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

haihane
Level 13
if you want to be extra safe, restart everytime it tells you to restart (driver install/ update).

😛

(i dunno what else to add)
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

Korth
Level 14
I usually do BIOS (if needed), then chipset, then IME (if needed), then GPU. Doesn't really matter what you do after chipset. But I absolutely hate working in the ghetto low-res screen modes Windows likes to force by default, lol.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]