cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Z370 system unstable memory and AURA issues

Carbonicdk
Level 8
On my Z370-E I have a 32GB kit: F4-3600c16q-32gtzr
I however can't get them to run stable at their rated 3600mhz frequency. So far I've tried enabling XMP (no CPU overclocking to get the memory running first) and lowering the frequency to 3400mhz. The memory is working fine at these speeds in Z170 systems including the Maximus Ranger VIII.
Any ideas about what to tweak? Should I increase the voltage over the XMP 1.32??

As for the onboard RGB in the IO shroud, Aura cannot see it. Is this a Fall Creators issue?
23 REPLIES 23

Praz
Level 13
Carbonicdk wrote:
On my Z370-E I have a 32GB kit: F4-3600c16q-32gtzr
I however can't get them to run stable at their rated 3600mhz frequency. So far I've tried enabling XMP (no CPU overclocking to get the memory running first) and lowering the frequency to 3400mhz. The memory is working fine at these speeds in Z170 systems including the Maximus Ranger VIII.
Any ideas about what to tweak? Should I increase the voltage over the XMP 1.32??

As for the onboard RGB in the IO shroud, Aura cannot see it. Is this a Fall Creators issue?

Hello

Set the memory voltage to the spec'd 1.35V.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Set the memory voltage to the spec'd 1.35V.

Oh, sorry, that's what I ment.
Am now trying 3200mhz to see if the board can run that stable as 3400mhz didn't work.

Lastly, added a RBG lightning strip to my build. That also doesn't work. From reading on other threads it seems Aura was not properly tested with Win10 Fall Creators Update before it released.

I don't know if that helps but these are voltages i manually set to run 3600mhz
This is with 4000 CL18 kit toned down to 3600 CL16 specs.

F4-4000C18D-16GTZR

Carbonicdk
Level 8
So, I tried upping the CPU VCCIO and System Agent Voltage as you suggested and even up to 1.25. Still don't even boot. Guess I'm stuck at <3000mhz until Asus makes their bios more memoryfriendly or find the magic settings.

Carbonicdk wrote:
So, I tried upping the CPU VCCIO and System Agent Voltage as you suggested and even up to 1.25. Still don't even boot. Guess I'm stuck at <3000mhz until Asus makes their bios more memoryfriendly or find the magic settings.

I really hope it was 1.125 😛 not 1.25 going too high can cause also issues.

Carbonicdk
Level 8
I tried 1.0, 1.125 and 1.25. None were successful.

Carbonicdk
Level 8
ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING BIOS 0420 is now out and this has not improved memory stability.

[HTML][/HTML]*

Anyone still having issues with aura mien went from asIo.sys to now failed to install and pop up with a webpage about a error report?
Anyone know any fixes asus said to send back for rma but I feel as if it just a program fault*

Eightyfiggs wrote:
[HTML][/HTML]*

Anyone still having issues with aura mien went from asIo.sys to now failed to install and pop up with a webpage about a error report?
Anyone know any fixes asus said to send back for rma but I feel as if it just a program fault*

I managed fix my Aura problems by reinstalling it a couple of times. Don't ask me why that should be necessary.
Only the memory stability issues left.