cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALERT - Asus B250F Has Bad BIOS!

SlackROG
Level 10
It has come to my own personal attention, after trying two of these motherboards that Asus has bios issues with the latest version 0810.

I also found out from the place where I purchased this board, the company I called, the staff member I spoke with to get a replacement for another board, stated to me that he also had this motherboard, and that him and several of his gamer friends that built their own computers, many of them expressed they also knew of bios problems with this motherboard.

When I heard of this mentioned to me by the staff of this company, it made me finally realize I was not alone in this situation.

If anyone buys this motherboard, I HIGHLY recommend not updating the bios, hopefully your board did not come with 0810, but if it did maybe you'll be lucky and not encounter the issues I have, which all seem only related to the BIOS UI.

Here's are the things I have encountered;

1. Original older bios had the ability to mouse wheel scroll up and down, BIOS 0810, I can only scroll up and down now with the keyboard.

2. Anything that can be clicked on in the UI lags, many times I have to click several times to get something to respond.

3. When clicking in the BIOS, at intermittent times the BIOS will freeze.

4. Tried to check for an online update, after this, when placing in a bootable USB device, the entire device would not appear in the Boot Priority list, meaning, before devices would show as legacy and uefi, 2 parts, I would always see two sections. After trying the online bios update only one section would appear. Next, when I would try to drag the usb device to the top of the Boot Priority list the bios would lock up. Also the network adapters stayed listed in the Boot Priority list after trying the online bios update, but would typically be gone after restarting, but this time would not go away. The only solution, I had to remove the bios battery and the Boot Priority list returned to normal and did lock up again after moving devices around in it, and the network adapter was finally gone too...

In all seriousness, this post needs to stayed bumped, so it remains at the top of this forum until Asus corrects the BIOS.
4 REPLIES 4

SlackROG
Level 10
I just started my system today and now I see the BIOS drifted off time, advanced by 2 minutes...

Maybe it's time I start thinking about another motherboard.

The MAXIMUS VIII HERO keeps coming up in conversation, maybe I should just buy this instead...

Hmm

SlackROG
Level 10
MAXIMUS VIII HERO BIOS 2202 I just had it lockup when clicking something...

I'm starting to get the feeling that the UI in these BIOS is not stable... 😞

richac
Level 7
I had this happen a bunch of times on my b250f board. updated bios a couple times didn't fix it. But I think clearing the cmos did. I think sometimes when changing many options frequently something must get corrupted. AFter using the screwdriver method on the board I haven't gotten a bios freeze. I'm on the latest 1002 bios.

I do also have problems using the mouse. Sometimes it will get suck in the menu options and i'm forced to use the keyboard to tab out.

SlackROG
Level 10
This was with 2 brand new boards, fresh out the box, not doing anything, excpet a few simple changes, and they would lockup all the time...

I don't own these anymore I returned both of them, so not sure with newer updates the problems have been solved...