cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus GPU Tweak 2 Version 1.5.6.1 [Report all issues in this thread]

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I just check that a new GPU Tweak 2 ver Version 1.5.6.1 is live. ***Report issues here please***

GPUTweakII Version 1.5.6.1
Add GPU Tweak II notification window when NV debug mode is enabled.
Please noticed that most GPU Tweak II configurations would be disabled in debug mode.
To ensure GPU Tweak II to function correctly, please turn off the debug mode within NVIDIA control panel.

I hope these fix the issues i have! i will post later.
Learn, Play Enjoy!
32 REPLIES 32

AndyVee
Level 7
Not finding it , got a link ?

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
go to asus.com and from your registry account go to your asus product and there is the driver.

From my A8G 1080

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

I will only testing the program on stock and see how that goes. I will add the OC tomorrow
Learn, Play Enjoy!

AndyVee
Level 7
Thanks , I was looking under 1080ti but in the 64 bit folder when its in the 32 bit 🙂

AndyVee
Level 7
Ok , same issues as 1.5.5.3 , monitor doesn't remember changes so every time it starts only gpu temp and fan % show in graphs and UAC errors still on start up .

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
I can confirm that also. AndyVee Not only that also these. And Something is wrong. i check all but also i have problems with my camera. when the webcam is connected and load a game, and GPUtweek is active the web cam on and crash the loading game. when the gpu tweeak is off and load the game with the camera connected the game load fine. ODD. we are on a drivers issues here. I try to check some Asus drivers, and I check that my chip set and me ones are remove by the MS ones. i will check that again. since I do not want to make another clean install just to prove these.

Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
Any idea on the fix for GPU TWEAK? or i need to make another clean install? Still asking UAC on start and as image on top/
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Itzycharles wrote:
Any idea on the fix for GPU TWEAK? or i need to make another clean install? Still asking UAC on start and as image on top/

I believe it's not a problem with GPU tweak. It's a problem with the new Windows 10 Fall Creators update.

You see they added a new feature that you can't disable with this update. It will automatically start programs you had open when you shut down your PC. (Not all but some). Because your GPU tweak etc. are programs that are simply minimized and thus remain open when you shut down PC now Windows 10 forces them to restart and it will ask for UAC every single time. For me also GoG Galaxy will open up by itself even though in the settings auto start is disabled.

It's a horrid feature and I don't know what Microsoft was thinking as there is no way to disable this feature.

Matuzz wrote:
I believe it's not a problem with GPU tweak. It's a problem with the new Windows 10 Fall Creators update.

You see they added a new feature that you can't disable with this update. It will automatically start programs you had open when you shut down your PC. (Not all but some). Because your GPU tweak etc. are programs that are simply minimized and thus remain open when you shut down PC now Windows 10 forces them to restart and it will ask for UAC every single time. For me also GoG Galaxy will open up by itself even though in the settings auto start is disabled.

It's a horrid feature and I don't know what Microsoft was thinking as there is no way to disable this feature.

I ran the fast ring insiders for the entire fall update campaign. That was not in the notes of any of the updates. Yes it does restart what you had open when you shut down. but this is arguable as to how it exactly works. Ill dive a bit deeper into it because I dont normally leave things up and running before I shut down. I was having UAC issues with GPU tweak until I modified Task Scheduler. Never again since. I have multiple other items that launch and minimize to task bar that I never shut down and never got UAC prompts for those from day one of the update as they all have proper publisher names and they all were added to the Task Scheduler with highest privileges. I dont think I have a rogue installation. Ive explained what I did and it worked for me.

I do see the monitor not saving now. Id never noted that before as I don't use that function. My only interest in GPU tweak is setting the core, memory, power and volts. I don't have fans and monitor what I am interested in with another solution that also launches and minimizes but not once did it ever prompt UAC Id be happier if I could set the card up once and be done without ever having to launch the software unless I wanted to change it again without having to flash the Vrom with an edited Vbios.

The FC update is still evolving. They knew it wasnt perfect prior to launch, it never has been before either. They stopped adding things to it more than a month before and just concentrated on stability.

Edit:
Someone on win10 forums has made a context menu that is added to your right click on the desktop to shutdown open programs and restart and multiple shutdown options as well. This is actually faster than start, power then shutdown or restart.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/96668-add-restart-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/96619-add-shut-down-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

These are registry entries so do so at your own risk. I tested them both and they work as presented for me.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
I ran the fast ring insiders for the entire fall update campaign. That was not in the notes of any of the updates. Yes it does restart what you had open when you shut down. but this is arguable as to how it exactly works. Ill dive a bit deeper into it because I dont normally leave things up and running before I shut down. I was having UAC issues with GPU tweak until I modified Task Scheduler. Never again since. I have multiple other items that launch and minimize to task bar that I never shut down and never got UAC prompts for those from day one of the update as they all have proper publisher names and they all were added to the Task Scheduler with highest privileges. I dont think I have a rogue installation. Ive explained what I did and it worked for me.

I do see the monitor not saving now. Id never noted that before as I don't use that function. My only interest in GPU tweak is setting the core, memory, power and volts. I don't have fans and monitor what I am interested in with another solution that also launches and minimizes but not once did it ever prompt UAC Id be happier if I could set the card up once and be done without ever having to launch the software unless I wanted to change it again without having to flash the Vrom with an edited Vbios.

The FC update is still evolving. They knew it wasnt perfect prior to launch, it never has been before either. They stopped adding things to it more than a month before and just concentrated on stability.

Edit:
Someone on win10 forums has made a context menu that is added to your right click on the desktop to shutdown open programs and restart and multiple shutdown options as well. This is actually faster than start, power then shutdown or restart.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/96668-add-restart-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/96619-add-shut-down-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

These are registry entries so do so at your own risk. I tested them both and they work as presented for me.

Thanks for these notes. after checking in the end is MS. so far the information save on the program sticks. if it stick i am ok with that. but still odd let see that new updates MS changes during the weeks and maybe there is some improvement. thanks to all and see MS put their pants again.
Learn, Play Enjoy!