ROG Member Array

Fast charge not working on FX502VM + Samsung S8+

Hello, i ve a problem with my Samsung S8+ and fast charge on my Asus FX502VM.
    I ve Asus USB Charger + install 4.1.7

With my old iPhone 6+ it works great but with my S8+ the phone say more than 5 hour to full charge !!!

I try to uninstall Asus USB Charger and reinstall without sucess...

Is there any solution for me ?

Thanks a lot

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi, <<< Not a tech or anything, but if your just getting to know windows-10 you will find out quick it isn't really peripheral Device friendly...

Chances are your USB Charger +Plus software and device are fine, and will be until device lifespan ends. That original ChargerPlus++ is all it will ever need.

Windows-10 in the begining had a huge USB problem were as certain devices that plugged into it, destroyed the computers, <<< Really. So, Microsoft reworked the entire USB framework , which is hidden and always will be, located under Universal Controllers, in device manager, i could talk you through how to unhide the Hidden ports, through power shell but that would take way to long,

Trust me, if you see a list a mile long , you will want a remote Live Help Connecting through a shop or something ....

Basically what im really trying to say, the S8 probably isn't recognized properly through windows-10, you didn't mention your using windows-10, but im guessing that based on other OS's, this wouldn't be a problem.

Hope my input helps some. You can try to get ahold of tech support and try to get a tech team to look into it, but it might be a known Win10 issue that cant be fixed.

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by lachemou View Post
    Hello, i ve a problem with my Samsung S8+ and fast charge on my Asus FX502VM.
    I ve Asus USB Charger + install 4.1.7

With my old iPhone 6+ it works great but with my S8+ the phone say more than 5 hour to full charge !!!

I try to uninstall Asus USB Charger and reinstall without sucess...

Is there any solution for me ?

Thanks a lot
    Sorry for the trouble.

We may suggest you to ask the mobile phone's manufacturer to confirm the fast charge OS support & compatibility.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Korth PC Specs
    Korth PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS X99 R5E (BIOS2101/1902)
    ProcessorHaswell-EP E5-1680-3 SR20H/R2 (4.4GHz)
    Memory (part number)Vengeance LPX 4x8GB SS DDR4-3000 (CMK32GX4M4C3000C15)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Graphics Card #2NVIDIA Quadro GP100GL/16GB, 16xPCIe3, NVLink1 (SLI-HB)
    Sound CardJDS Labs O2+ODAC (RevB), USB2 UAC1
    MonitorASUS PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSDs, 4xSATA3 RAID0
    Storage #2Comay BladeDrive E28 3200GB SSD, 8xPCIe2
    CPU CoolerRaijintek NEMESIS/TISIS, AS5, 2xNH-A14
    CaseObsidian 750D (original), 6xNH-A14
    Power SupplyZalman/FSP ZM1250 Platinum
    Headset Pilot P51 PTT *modded*
    OS Arch, Gentoo, Win7x64, Win10x64
    Network RouterActiontec T3200M VDSL2 Gateway
    Accessory #1 TP-Link AC1900 Archer T9E, 1xPCIe
    Accessory #2 ASUS/Infineon SLB9635 TPM (TT1.2/FW3.19)
    Accessory #3 ASUS OC Panel I (FW0501)

Does this particular Samsung phone fast charge successfully (in less than 5 hours) on other fast-chargers? It could have a bad battery.

Instead of (or in addition to) Win10, the "smart charging" software running in the phone might be the cause, it behaves differently with different power sources:
    https://gtrusted.com/the-samsung-gal...-fast-charging
    "All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]