New ROGer Array

Destiny 2 giveaway - problems getting code

Evening all,

I'm hoping someone has had a similar problem and knows an easy solution (or any solution). I bought a 1080 Ti STRIX during the August/September 2017 period that included a version of Destiny 2. When I went to redeem the code, the site was onto a different promotion so I emailed Asus support for help. Over several weeks they sent me a couple of email addresses that didn't get a reply (ASUSROGEVENT@asus.com and oppromotion@asus.com) and trying to get support to email the right people on my behalf failed as well, I just got the standard can't help you try this address.. I even tried putting in a complaint but that just got me the same support link i had previously. Between the 1st and 20th October I kept replying to the email from the service centre and got no reply at all.

A couple of days ago after yet another email I finally got sent to the current Destiny 2 promotion page and followed the link for "If you encounter any redemption issues, please visit here and follow below steps for redemption" and regardless of using Chrome or Edge I complete my details and submit to receive the error: 'Unrecognized URL (https://www.asus.com/event/vga/Destiny2/)'

So here I am, hoping I'm missing something obvious and someone knows the path to the light! I'm expecting to be told that promotion is ended.. heck, at this point I'd be glad to be told anything at all.. I've been an Asus buyer in the past but this is the first time I've had to interact with any issue and I can't say the experience has been pleasant.

Any suggestions? Is there a magic email address to send to, are these forums monitored by any Asus representatives, should I find somewhere to publicly rage to try and embarass them into helping me? As I'm sure you are all aware this is an expensive card and I didn't make the purchase lightly. It performs to my expectations, I'm hoping Asus will also.

Any and all suggestions welcome. Whatever the outcome ends up being, I'll post it here to close the loop

Thanks

Moz

New ROGer Array

Hey,

I'm currently in the same situation and waiting for someone to get back to me on this.

I've had this happen earlier in the year when I purchased a 1070 Strix and the turn around on that wasn't bad, it was actually kind of quick and I got replies the next day If I remember correctly.

This time though I've sent several emails to different people and 2 days later still waiting on a reply - Its a shame considering part of the reason I bought the card was to play Destiny 2 with some friends who are now playing without me while I wait for the code to get sent to me.

I've also tried following the instructions displayed if the redemption didn't work and I also received the same error message about being "unrecognized" so I'm not sure what exactly is going on. If you manage to solve this or get in contact with someone please let me know and I'll be sure to do the same

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

The forum administrator left recently so some while there is ASUS staff on the forum they are trying to cover a vacancy. It might be better to send a PM directly to MasterC@ASUS. He's at ASUS HQ but I'm not sure who handles promo redemption for your region.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

New ROGer Array

Thanks xeromist, I'll try that (I'm in Australia, btw)

Andy113, I'll include a link to this thread so he's aware I'm not the only one having an issue.
    Last edited by moz.asus; 10-27-2017 at 10:05 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hi all,

status update: nothing at all.

It's been over a week and in that time I've had yet another email from support telling me they can't help me and to email (same as previous) ASUSROGEVENT@asus.com.. so I have.. and (same as previous) nothing yet. Likewise a couple of PMs to MasterC@ASUS have had no reply.

Disappointing doesn't quite sum it up.

If anyone knows of an email address that escalates things, please let me know. I've tried a complaint previously but that just got routed to support and the normal weekly email.

moz

New ROGer Array

New email address to try

Heard back from support this morning, this time advising new email address: rog_forum@asus.com

I've done so (and made them aware of this thread).

More news when I have some.

New ROGer Array

Success!

Success!!

While support ended up being of little help and got quite snarky towards the end, fortunately I heard back from oppromotion@asus.com - my initial email had gone into their spam filter.

After a bit of back and forth providing photos of the card/sn and receipt they were happy enough to provide me with a code I could redeem through NVidia GeForce Experience which then launched battle.net and allowed me to install the game.

This all started back in mid-September so all i can say is don't give up and you'll get there.

Andy, good luck to you.

moz

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by moz.asus View Post
    This all started back in mid-September so all i can say is don't give up and you'll get there.

Andy, good luck to you.

moz
    I'm glad to hear that persistence paid off.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!