cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OLED and AURA issues

capitaltpt
Level 7
I seem to have an issue with the onboard OLED not working and not being able to control addressable strips in AURA.

OLED - Does not come on at all. Have cleared CMOS, re-installed windows. Tried re-installing firmware, to the latest, but it says it's already updated. Re-installed Live Dash and Aura. Nothing. I feel it may be a firmware issue. I know there was a tool for the C6H to reflash aura firmware. Anybody know how I can do that with the Zenith?

Aura - I have two Cable Mod Addressable RGB strips daisy chained and attached to the addressable header using the cable ASUS provided with the Zenith. The strips light, but AURA only shows two "ADD Strip" Entries. Making a change to the first ADD strip, does nothing, but making a changed to the second changes all LEDS on both strips. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't these be individually addressable like the backplate and RAM LEDs? Any ideas how to get these to work?
16 REPLIES 16

caknuckles
Level 7
capitaltpt wrote:
I seem to have an issue with the onboard OLED not working and not being able to control addressable strips in AURA.

OLED - Does not come on at all.

Remove the shroud and make sure the OLED is plugged in properly and securely to MB. Mine does not work either and that is what I need to check, but not pulling apart my water loop to do it till maintenance time.

If it fixes it or you find another fix let me know please.

capitaltpt wrote:
shouldn't these be individually addressable like the backplate and RAM LEDs? Any ideas how to get these to work?

Not my forte.

caknuckles wrote:
Remove the shroud and make sure the OLED is plugged in properly and securely to MB. Mine does not work either and that is what I need to check, but not pulling apart my water loop to do it till maintenance time.

If it fixes it or you find another fix let me know please.

I'll take a look at it before I put my loop together. I should mention it did work initially when I first got the board, then stopped working. Then working again after a re-install with BIOS 603. Doesn't seem to work at all in 801 though.

for 801 you need the new firmware led .. there "clearly" labelled as here and here in the bios sticky. My old board updated fine then burnt out my led's -- my new board updated but I think failed and I cant control anything now I'm stuck on default rainbow. You can only run the program once so good luck - programming fail ..

capitaltpt wrote:
I should mention it did work initially

Asus swapped out my board. Original board worked fine up to 0503 when swapped. Replacement board I do not remember which BIOS it shipped with but OLED did not work and I went to 0801 right away. Also I updated as per sticky instructions for OLED which Cory29 is mentioning and nothing.

I had a programming friend look into it. He couldn't fix it but said that wiping windows should fix it. I guess the way aura needs to talk to the board is really hacky and leaves junk registry files everywhere that corrupt (the program) on the next board or install - the cleaner that is on the software forum doesn't do its job. So basically unless you have a fresh install of windows every-time you update there is a chance it won't work

Cory29 wrote:
I had a programming friend look into it. He couldn't fix it but said that wiping windows should fix it. I guess the way aura needs to talk to the board is really hacky and leaves junk registry files everywhere that corrupt (the program) on the next board or install - the cleaner that is on the software forum doesn't do its job. So basically unless you have a fresh install of windows every-time you update there is a chance it won't work

I can confirm that a fresh install of windows does not fix the issue. At least on 801

And this is the kind of useless response ASUS gives on the issue:

Me: When attaching a Cable Mod Addressable RGB strip to the the Addressable LED header, the only option I'm given in the ASUS Aura application (v 1.05.21) is a single "ADD Strip" entry. The only option is setting a color which then applies to all LEDs on the strip. There does not seem to be an option to change each LED on the strip individually. Please advise how I can fix this.

ASUS: "Thank you for contacting ASUS Product Support. My name is Olga O. I understand that you are unable to change each LED on the strip individually with Aura. I know how important it is to use the aura's functions that will suit your style and needs. I am happy to assist you.

Please try to use daisy chain in your LED on the strip.

Kindly let me know if this answers your issue. If you have any questions or comments, you can simply reply to this email to contact us again. Thank you for choosing ASUS Products and Services. "

the only way I know to add more lights to individual strips is to have a separate power box that adds power every so many lights
the controller should be able to see all the leds that have power but the power from the motherboard isn't guaranteed to work past 60 (probably why 60 is hardcoded as a stop in aura)

I just wish the software was able to be uninstalled and reinstalled so it could work instead of corrupting it self

Mine broke after applying the latest official bios. Tried to flash the new LED bios versions to no avail.

Eventually got mine working again by clicking on random presets in the aura app. It might work for you.