cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RGB splitter - How will Z370-E detect devices connected to it ?

Yoongbo
Level 7
Hi everyone,
I have a few Z370-E pre-purchase questions regarding Aura Sync and RGB splitter cable, hope someone can help.

I'm planning to use 3 Cooler Master RGB fans and DeepCool Captain 240EX RGB AIO cooler (this cooler has RGB on the block and comes with a separate RGB led strip) with the ROG Strix Z370-E, all these are Aura Sync-compatible.

So those are 5 RGB devices to connect to the board's RGB headers. However, there are only 2 normal RGB headers on this board, that means I will have to use 2 of these Cooler Master 1-3 RGB Splitter Cables in order to connect all those 5 devices to the board and control them with Aura. The 3 fans will be connected to RGB header #1 using one spliter, the AIO cooler's block and RGB strip wil be connected to RGB header #2 using another splitter.

My question is: Will Aura detect devices connected to one spliter and RGB header as separate zones ? Or will it simply think they are just one RGB device/zone ? (As with the above set up, will the 3 fans be detected as 3 separate zones ?). And if Aura should detect them as one RGB device/zone, does that mean there's no way to set them to have their own color ?

Thanks in advance.
0 REPLIES 0