cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to download the ASUS ROG GL752VW Windows 10 OEM?

dmangiap
Level 7
Hi all,
I hope you can help here.

I have an ASUS ROG GL752VW (1 year old and still in warranty) and it has been shipped with the WIN10 pre built.

Just for restarting from scratch and clean some mess that I had with some thirdy sw I would like to start from scratch.
I tried the factory reset but after an hours the process fails and (luckily) the OS and sw is not touched so I am at the starting point again.

So I would like to do this action plan:

1. Buy a new SSD
2. Mount the SSD on GL752VW
3. Install the ASUS Win10 OEM

Here the problems:

Where I can download the rpebuilt image that ASUS install on its LAPTOPs when they are sold?

Just for clarifying what I would like is to install the ASUS win10 so at the next start it will be like I have just bought the laptop and the first thing will be the wizard that guide me to create the user etc etc.

Do you know if the Win10 Iso for ASUS is downloadable somewhere on ASUS website? I searched but I was not able to find.

I know that it is still in warranty but bring it to an authorized office for such kind of activity will last about two weeks while doing by myself it will last more or less one hour....

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

JustinThyme
Level 13
You cannot download the win 10 OEM image. No manufacturer does that. Bst you can do is send it to them with the original drive in it for a repair and they will re image the drive.

If you still have the original drive you have the image. You can clone that drive including all paritions to a new drive then do your reset which will take it back to factory state. Or you can save your eSupport folder that contains all the drivers and ASUS software on it to a USB and then do a clean install of windows and reinstall all the software and drivers (this would be a good time to check that you have the latest versions from the support page but some software is not available there or anywhere else)

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
No manufacturer does that.

bull ****!!
Lenovo do
Dell do
Acer do

If somenthing happens with your HD/SSD, you can go to the site and DL a new ISO

I have no idea why you would want to have the image build from ASUS anyway.
All it is, is an image layer with ASUS's bloatware on it such as Liveypdate, Giftbox, McAfee etc etc.

Just download the ISO from the windows website and use that, or as one user above said you can use clonezilla.

If you're desperate to have the ASUS build, then all you can do with them is RMA the unit and have them re-image the drive.

SlackROG
Level 10
Same sort of reply I Just gave someone...

1. You should have a Windows Key

2. Download ISO Image, if it will not take the OEM key need to find image online somewhere;
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10ISO

4. Burn the ISO to either USB or DVD

5. Go to the Asus website and download the drivers

6. Install Windows and the drivers and you're done

I highly suggest you learn about Clonezilla;

http://www.clonezilla.org/

Clonezilla is VERY EASY to use, it has a 'Beginner' option, and it only takes like a few minutes to use, and this is what you want for making Backups of your system, so in the future something dies, you just reinstall your clonezilla backup image and you are up and flying again...

ThrashZone
Level 10
dmangiap wrote:
Hi all,
I hope you can help here.

I have an ASUS ROG GL752VW (1 year old and still in warranty) and it has been shipped with the WIN10 pre built.

Just for restarting from scratch and clean some mess that I had with some thirdy sw I would like to start from scratch.
I tried the factory reset but after an hours the process fails and (luckily) the OS and sw is not touched so I am at the starting point again.

So I would like to do this action plan:

1. Buy a new SSD
2. Mount the SSD on GL752VW
3. Install the ASUS Win10 OEM

Here the problems:

Where I can download the rpebuilt image that ASUS install on its LAPTOPs when they are sold?

Just for clarifying what I would like is to install the ASUS win10 so at the next start it will be like I have just bought the laptop and the first thing will be the wizard that guide me to create the user etc etc.

Do you know if the Win10 Iso for ASUS is downloadable somewhere on ASUS website? I searched but I was not able to find.

I know that it is still in warranty but bring it to an authorized office for such kind of activity will last about two weeks while doing by myself it will last more or less one hour....

Thanks!

Hi,
If you want to start fresh just use MS win-10 media creation tool,

If you want to do it inplace use the update assistant

Otherwise any asus recovery method you'd need to do it at startup with the recovery keyboard key combination not inside win-10 but I suppose you could try it inside 10 too.
Use F8 at startup and see if a asus recovery partition is listed
You might have to disable fast start in power options inside 10 first.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]