cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Spatha current issues

Darkest
Level 7
Hello.

Some time has passed after the last Spatha firmware update and I would like to share my findings, which seems to have not been covered:
1. Spatha does not come into sleep mode no matter which value I choose in "Sleep mode after being idle for:" under "Power" tab. I have not observed this issue before. Previously after specified amount of minutes passed, mouse turned off all its lights. Now nothing changes. So I have to keep my mouse on cable or shut down it when I am not using it. Anyway, I suppose that if there is such option in software - it should work properly.
2. The second issue is about inconsistant behavior. When it is on wireless mode, it works when switch on the bottom is ON and does not work when it is OFF - as expected. When I plug a cable, mouse works in any switch position - might be not obvious, but OK, lets agree with this. Then, when I was using mouse with cable and switch in OFF position, turned OFF my PC, on the next start mouse won't wake up and does not react to anything. The only way which I found to make it operate again is to: unplug the cable, turn switch ON (mouse still does not work - unexpected), turn switch OFF, turn switch ON again. Only after these action I manage to make the mouse work.

Thank you.
18 REPLIES 18

Darkest
Level 7
More than two weeks passed and still no comments. Do anyone also experience such issues? Any comments from Asus support? Does Spatha support term is expired?

Browni
Level 7
I'm using Armoury version 1.02.23 and noticed if you exit the system tray process the mouse will go to to sleep as per it's sleep mode settings.

If the system tray process is active, the mouse won't sleep.

I've just recreated this scenario 3 times in a row so I don't think it's coincidence.

Food for thought for the techies?

Windows 10 x64 build 17040

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Darkest,

Can you try the latest version of armoury (1.02.22)?
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Spatha/HelpDesk_Download/

You can download 1.02.23 but for the Spatha it works just the same.
https://www.asus.com/tw/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Gladius-II/HelpDesk_Download/

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi Darkest,

Can you try the latest version of armoury (1.02.22)?
https://www.asus.com/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Spatha/HelpDesk_Download/

You can download 1.02.23 but for the Spatha it works just the same.
https://www.asus.com/tw/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-Gladius-II/HelpDesk_Download/

The scenario that Browni described also works for me (mouse goes to sleep without Armoury process is running). This issue is observed with 1.02.22 and 1.02.23 versions of Armoury. I have tried older versions one-by-one and the latest version which I could find where issue does not occur is 1.01.34.

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hey guys,

I have forwarded this issue to the software team. Will keep you updated on the progress.
How about when using a wired connection after reboot? Still the same?

MasterC@ASUS wrote:

With 1.01.34 it works fine, with 1.02.23 it works as I described in my first post. Did not have a chance to try intermediate versions.

Yes, same here. This is the first thing I noticed with this brand new hugely expensive mouse. It absolutely does not go to sleep unless Armoury is closed.

Software version: 1.02.22
Dock firmware: 1.32
Mouse firmware: 1.69

Not sure how that passed QC. Thankfully you don't really need Armoury for anything after setting things up, but geez.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hey guys,

I have forwarded this issue to the software team. Will keep you updated on the progress.

Thanks for that MasterC.

I'm now on Armoury version 1.02.24 which was applied automatically after doing a check for updates.

The behaviour is still the same in that the mouse won't go to sleep if the Armoury process is active in the system tray.

I'm not sure if using the mouse wired is relevant as the power saving options seem to be for wireless mode only.

:confused: That oval shape was unintentional lol

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
I also tried with 1.02.24 on my system and verified that the sleeping function is still not working as it should. The team has been notified and I will keep on eye on this.