cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7980XE + Rampage VI Extreme - No Intel Turbo Max Technology - ITBM

fexnok
Level 7
On latest Windows 10 Pro (10.0.16299) Intel Turbo Max Technology is not displayed on windows device manager.
I'm using BIOS 1002.

I am pretty sure I saw it but can't remember if it was before Fall creators update or before upgrading the BIOS to 1002. Can anyone confirm this?

If I run ITBM installer I get an installation failed message.
12 REPLIES 12

Shamino
under cpu config make sure mfc driver override is selected ,
but for new windows version , driver is totally unnecessary since windows itself is updated to support this natively.

Shamino wrote:
under cpu config make sure mfc driver override is selected ,
but for new windows version , driver is totally unnecessary since windows itself is updated to support this natively.

I checked the bios and mfc was already checked. Switched to os native, reset, no difference.
Switched back to mfc and still no luck.

Task manager doesn't show any turbo boost services running neither.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Check process in Task manager

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme
Level 13
Did you install package?*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Did you install package?*

Package won't install if driver/device is not detected by windows.

Downgraded to 0802 and ITBM is detected, on 1002 it isn't.

Franziska
Level 7
I have a 7940X and the Turbo Boost Max 3.0 device doesn't exist for me either with BIOS 1002. The driver fails to install and theres nothing about it in device manager or windows task manager.

Franziska wrote:
I have a 7940X and the Turbo Boost Max 3.0 device doesn't exist for me either with BIOS 1002. The driver fails to install and theres nothing about it in device manager or windows task manager.

I've found a temporary solution. Go to Device Manager->Action->Add Legacy Hardware

Welcome to hardware window->Next
Select the second radio: Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)-> Next
Scroll Down to System Devices

On Add Hardware window select Manufacturer Intel, Model Scroll Down and Select Intel Turbo Max Technology 3.0 Driver.

If you don't have that driver on your system, download it from Intel's main website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0

Unzip it and on Add Hardware Window click "Have Disk" Option and browse to your unzipped folder

That should do it.

This is still a bug on BIOS on 1002 and needs to be addressed. I have submitted a bug report but haven't heard anything back from ASUS.

Confirming fix in BIOS 1003. All is well now.

Addiecool wrote:
Confirming fix in BIOS 1003. All is well now.

Nice to see that I have contributed towards a bug fix 😄