cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with my case and aura

Ariana
Level 7
I bought the "Falcon RGB Game Max PC Gaming Case with USB 3.0" from here

The problem I'm having is the LED connector is not compatible with the aura port on the motherboard (ASUS ROG Strix H270F Kaby Lake ATX Gaming Motherboard)

I was wondering if any converter exists?
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
The only thing I saw on there were fans that have RGB which always require a separate controller.
The RGB header on ASUS mobos is an industry standaed 4 pin, 12V RGB pin out. If your connector does not match that its most likely not 12V RGB and will require a separate controller.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
The only thing I saw on there were fans that have RGB which always require a separate controller.
The RGB header on ASUS mobos is an industry standaed 4 pin, 12V RGB pin out. If your connector does not match that its most likely not 12V RGB and will require a separate controller.

it has a separate controller but I was wondering if there was a converter cable.

JustinThyme
Level 13
None that Im aware of.
As far as I know Aura headers and control is limited to 12V RGB devices and such is stated in the manuals. Fans and such work in a completely different fashion and usually come with their own controllers. There is no RGB multiplexer or cross over cables etc. If the RGB device is 4 pin 12V your all set, if not a different approach to control those separately will need to be implemented.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein