cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752vy bios 304???

CerealKillerGuy
Level 7
I was fiddling around in device manager and came upon the section Firmware. After expanding it, System Firmware came up. I went to it's properties>driver where I noticed it said the driver is from 2006. Curious about why is it so old, i pressed update and got the update from online automatically. After rebooting, BIOS v304 for G752VY installed through the flash utility! Now, BIOS version shows up as 304 in hwinfo, and also in the system firmware in section Driver Version 10.1.2.304.
See screenshot below:
https://image.prntscr.com/image/_V9XNTuwSCut4WRnhcnJtg.png

Does anyone have any info about this? I can't find anything on google about this version of bios.

Also, a non related question. Why does this website cause my CPU to load up to 100% ???? It's not only on my laptop, also tried it on another one.
24 REPLIES 24

Clintlgm
Level 14
I only see 303 in the download area, proceed causiously. you might PM Bahz and see if maybe you got ahold of a BETA BIOS?
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

CerealKillerGuy
Level 7
Is he an Asus representative? I will try to PM him, maybe reference him to this post. Have you tried doing what I suggested to see if it updates to this version too?

Edit: When trying to PM him, I recieved this message: "Bahz has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Hi,

fyi.
You may want to check the thread below.

Final Day for Bahz and Updates

Well then it looks like it all back on you Albert
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Who said it's not official? It display the ASUS ROG logo during boot (a nice new one) and it's install is triggered by MS Firmware upgrade.

Just one question left: after upgrading to Windows 1709 (Fall Creators Update) I noticed a high CPU load on the System Process.

Does anyone else of the G752VY owners face the same problem and WHAT BIOS 😉 version do you have.

As many other non-ASUS owner face high CPU problems on FCU, I am sure it is NOT the 304 BIOS 😉 ...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/since-windows-10-fall-cr...

Well my G752VY is having no such issues on FCU and I'm on the latest Asus BIOS 303.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Hey, I'm new to the forum. I'm sorry to revive this old thread and I don't know if this is the place to discuss this, but I had the same issue related here and this is one of the few threads I found searching about it.

i just bought one x510ur-bq209t. After installing all the windows 10 updates I decided to update some drivers through Device Manager, and then the "system firmware", same as OP.

After rebooting, I got the BIOS Screen and the message that the BIOS was updating to version 303.

I didn't know it would happen, so went to asus website to check, and the latest BIOS version available was v302, dated 2017/12/06 (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X510UR/HelpDesk_BIOS/), and I can't find any information about this version 303 on the internet. By the way, after that happened I downloaded Version 302 and tried to flash it via WInFlash, and it recognised I had version 303 and didn't allow me to flash version 302.

Now, when I check BIOS version i get it's called x510ur_303, provided by ASUSTek Inc., dated 2017/14/11.

After a long search, as far as I understood it was an UEFI update via "firmware driver package" (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/bringup/system-and-device-firmware-updates...), but I'm not really sure I got it right.

So, what exactly happened? Why can't i find any information about this x510ur BIOS version 303 on the internet? Am I supposed to do something or am I ok? Any other information? By the way, the laptop is working fine.

Again, i'm sorry if this is against the forum rules and thanks in advance.

andvrg wrote:
Hey, I'm new to the forum. I'm sorry to revive this old thread and I don't know if this is the place to discuss this, but I had the same issue related here and this is one of the few threads I found searching about it.

i just bought one x510ur-bq209t. After installing all the windows 10 updates I decided to update some drivers through Device Manager, and then the "system firmware", same as OP.

After rebooting, I got the BIOS Screen and the message that the BIOS was updating to version 303.

I didn't know it would happen, so went to asus website to check, and the latest BIOS version available was v302, dated 2017/12/06 (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X510UR/HelpDesk_BIOS/), and I can't find any information about this version 303 on the internet. By the way, after that happened I downloaded Version 302 and tried to flash it via WInFlash, and it recognised I had version 303 and didn't allow me to flash version 302.

Now, when I check BIOS version i get it's called x510ur_303, provided by ASUSTek Inc., dated 2017/14/11.

x510ur-bq209t

After a long search, as far as I understood it was an UEFI update via "firmware driver package" (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/bringup/system-and-device-firmware-updates...), but I'm not really sure I got it right.

So, what exactly happened? Why can't i find any information about this x510ur BIOS version 303 on the internet? Am I supposed to do something or am I ok? Any other information? By the way, the laptop is working fine.

Again, I'm sorry if this is against the forum's rules and thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. Now then it would be helpful if you would fill out your profile and the notebook you are working with.

I will assume you're here in the states and have a G752VY So the if you'll log onto Asus support Download log in with your Asus username and password the same one you're using here. and register n your notebook then log in you'll find there support for your particular model Including the correct drivers and software for your notebook rather than generic Asus drivers.

Now I can tell you my BIOS/UEFI is G7522VY.304 and that I installed it 06/29/2017 and there have been no further BIOS/UEFI upgrades listed for my notebook since then.

"x510ur-bq209t" I have no Idea what your notebook is from this sequence of numbers. However, if you have a G752VY the latest BIOS/UEFI is 304 it appears you have some other notebook and you should follow the link I gave you for support.

If your notebook boots into windows and runs what you have done is update your BIOS/UEFI to ver.303 successfully.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Welcome to the forum. Now then it would be helpful if you would fill out your profile and the notebook you are working with.

I will assume you're here in the states and have a G752VY So the if you'll log onto Asus support Download log in with your Asus username and password the same one you're using here. and register n your notebook then log in you'll find there support for your particular model Including the correct drivers and software for your notebook rather than generic Asus drivers.

Now I can tell you my BIOS/UEFI is G7522VY.304 and that I installed it 06/29/2017 and there have been no further BIOS/UEFI upgrades listed for my notebook since then.

"x510ur-bq209t" I have no Idea what your notebook is from this sequence of numbers. However, if you have a G752VY the latest BIOS/UEFI is 304 it appears you have some other notebook and you should follow the link I gave you for support.

If your notebook boots into windows and runs what you have done is update your BIOS/UEFI to ver.303 successfully.

Thanks for your response.

I'm from Brasil actually. Sorry, by x510ur-bq209t i mean my laptop is a Asus VIvobook 15 X510UR (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X510UR/).

As for the link you provided, thank you. But i already had the support link for my particular model as i posted (https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X510UR/HelpDesk/), and i already have an asus account and have registered my laptop and all that.

The issue that i had that was like OP's is that he had his BIOS/UEFI updated by a "system firmware" driver update via Device Manager, and (as far as i understood) it was a BIOS version that was not available for download at asus website (he had the version 304 and the latest listed at the moment was version 303).

My UEFI updated to version 303, but the latest version available at my model's particular support page is version 302. That's the thing, I'm trying to figure out where this version 303 came from and why it is not listed at the asus website in the download area.