cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting Reconnecting USB Ports

Level 7
I've read a few posts about this problem and was wondering if a solution has ever been found?

My computer is disconnecting and reconnecting the USB ports all the time. I use all of them at the same time I got a lot going on! I'm using the 1701 bios everything is updated power management was adjust nothing. The only thing I didn't try was disabling 3.1 or 3.0 USB in bios not sure if that will work? I had a friend tell me to buy a PCI-2 slot USB card ... Not sure what else to do 😞 Only thing I recently changed was my graphics card to a 1080ti could this be a power supply problem? As well my internet download speed is terrible used to get 30mbps but now I get 7mbps, I think thats my ISP they messed up my modem.

CPU - i7 6800k
Cooler - Corsair H100i v2 (Water)
Mother Board - Asus ROG X99 Strix
Ram - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB 3000mghz)
Storage - Samsung SSD Evo 850 (500gb)
GPU - EVGA GeForce 1080ti
Power - 850w Silver M2 Silent Pro
Monitor - Asus VG248QE 24” 144hz
Mouse - Razor Death Adder Elite
Webcam - Logitec C920
Mic - Blue Yeti
16 REPLIES 16

JustinThyme
Level 13
Disconnects are almost always a result of overload of the ports.
Try an external powered hub.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Firstly let me say one thing, this is not a problem with ASMedia controller. I thought it was.

There is a solution and it is installing the modded Windows 7 drivers from Intel, because the Microsoft drivers included with Windows 10 are completely broken.

I had this issue for months. After installing the modded drivers, the issue is completely gone. I've been running the PC normally without USB issues for at least 6 months after installing these drivers.

They can be found on this page:

http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-...nd-modded.html

You want to download from this section:
B. Latest modded Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers:

READ, RESEARCH AND MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT ONE FOR YOUR MOTHERBOARD! If you download the wrong one then don't complain it doesn't work as it is your mistake.

This is all I can say. I will not provide any further help because ASUS is not paying me.

8a7yh87yteaw wrote:
Firstly let me say one thing, this is not a problem with ASMedia controller. I thought it was.

There is a solution and it is installing the modded Windows 7 drivers from Intel, because the Microsoft drivers included with Windows 10 are completely broken.

I had this issue for months. After installing the modded drivers, the issue is completely gone. I've been running the PC normally without USB issues for at least 6 months after installing these drivers.

They can be found on this page:

http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-...nd-modded.html

You want to download from this section:
B. Latest modded Intel USB 3.0/3.1 drivers:

READ, RESEARCH AND MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD THE CORRECT ONE FOR YOUR MOTHERBOARD! If you download the wrong one then don't complain it doesn't work as it is your mistake.

This is all I can say. I will not provide any further help because ASUS is not paying me.

Thanks Brother! I appreciate it... I actually just disabled Selective suspend setting and they have not turned off in 30 minutes which is a huge deal lol if that does not stay as a solution I will look into getting those drivers! However the link you gave me is broken goes to a 404 error

JustinThyme wrote:
Disconnects are almost always a result of overload of the ports.
Try an external powered hub.

well my previous post that didnt work lasted longer this time ... what is a external powered hub?

Power Settings: Turned off the selective suspend setting.
Device Manager: USB Ports I turned off: Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power option.
Device Manager: Human Interface Devices: USB Devices > Turned off: Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power option on this as well.

So far so good.

0000200715 wrote:
Power Settings: Turned off the selective suspend setting.
Device Manager: USB Ports I turned off: Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power option.
Device Manager: Human Interface Devices: USB Devices > Turned off: Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power option on this as well.

So far so good.

NOPE That Failed TOO !!!!!

After the USB failed only the camera (webcam) did not come back... The device manager gave an error of Device Descriptor Request Failed. I had to disable and re-enable the USB port for the camera to turn back on.

So the camera did not come back after re-enabling the USB port. I just plugged the Webcam into the front USB port of my computer case bypassing the mother board. Maybe its the camera thats the problem... im just gonna keep logging everything here maybe this will help someone one day! Ill probably never buy ASUS again

So far the webcam in the front case USB ports no crashes .... seriously lol