cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this mark normal on the GL553 fan?

orhon
Level 7
Hello,
I seen some weird green marking on the fan in the week I purchased my GL553, and reported it to ASUS asking if it has been serviced before, here in Turkey. They said there was no service record but didn't comment about the sign. Now, 7 months later, one of my acquaintance experienced a similar thing, they found the processor was different than advertised and had to took it to the court since no one claimed any responsibility.

Seeing this, I contacted the seller via the website I bought the notebook from, and they said they do not know about this and need a report from the ASUS technical support to help. I sent the laptop and the first conversation stating the weird and random fan noise, adding the problem of speaker cracking. I specifically claimed not to repair or change any parts, stating the current condition only. Long story short, they filled a report saying the part is original, the mark is from the factory and everything is working as expected. I have more than 4 people sharing the room with me, hearing this ridiculous fan noise randomly, even when I'm away and the computer is in sleep mode or the lid is closed.

I really couldn't find anyone helping me on the internet, and couldn't find a similar mark, or even a reference to something like that. I am really hoping that someone here can give me an idea about this, or maybe guess about what it means, why it is there, where could it be done etc. It is utterly annoying that the fan has some problems, weirdly it is the only component that has this weird highlighter sign, and ASUS Turkey says it is working normal. I also contacted ASUS global with the photo and serial number of the part, maybe they can check if it is original or have been modified somehow.

Thanks for reading to this point, I am really tired since this whole process cost me time, work and energy. I talked to multiple people trying to explain my doubt, but no one gave a definite answer. So I am asking for your help, hoping someone has seen a similar thing before, or at least have an idea about it.

I really hope ASUS Global can shed some light on this, but any idea is appreciated.

Cheers
8 REPLIES 8

orhon
Level 7
My complaint to ASUS global about ASUS Turkey probably got delivered to the ASUS Turkey's inbox though I filled it through the global website. This really is infuriating.

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
I apologize for the inconvenience caused, please send me a PM with the following information and I'll have this rectified for you as soon as possible.
Product S/N:
RMA#:
Case ID#:

I got a reply to my inquiry, again from ASUS Turkey, again saying no problem bla bla bla. I really need to reach someone from ASUS Global to clarify this for me.
Is there like a global hotline or anything? It is really funny that the form I filled with the global website, complaining about ASUS here, is delivered directly to them.
I really need someone who is familiar with the manufacturing process who can confirm this sign is indeed from there, and explain to me what it means and why it is put there although I haven't seen any single case like this.
I have lots of people who witnessed the fan acting weird, but they still claim they ran the tests and everything is fine. Sigh. (and in Turkish!)

orhon
Level 7
If anyone was wondering I took it to the court and first referee indicated the device is faulty.*
The final verdict is not given yet but I am trying to reach ASUS International. Any help would be appreciated. I couldn’t even find an e-mail address.*

davemon50
Level 11
From Asus.com website

1. https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs/

2. https://store.asus.com/us/custom/201412A060000016

"Whom should I contact if I have questions about the ASUS product purchased outside the U.S.?"
"We suggest to find the contact through the country you have purchased ASUS product. If your product carries worldwide warranty then please contact asus.com/support for more information."

But besides all that, someone from Asus replied to you here in this thread and said they would rectify it. I'm guessing you never replied to him?
Davemon50

orhon
Level 7
The thing is I replied to him with the info, bu he didn't reply back.

I also contacted ASUS Turkey several times, they claim everything is done in the factory but refuse to contact with the Europe branch. I even filled the form in the global website but got a reply in Turkish, again.

Only the factory is able to check the serial numbers (if they are matching) or indeed say the marking is made by them. I cannot find a way to get hold of them.*

davemon50
Level 11
OK, there's been a couple of ASUS reps lately on the forum checking in on things. What I'd do is a search here on the forum to see which ASUS people have been inputting lately and maybe send a PM to that person. It's possible when you replied that the other person left their position or for some reason just didn't get your message. Worth a shot to try again IMO. Someone should answer those phone numbers though in the links I placed above. You may have phoned their already, but maybe you didn't get the right person to talk to. Ask for your case to be promoted maybe and mention the timeline you've been waiting too.
Davemon50

orhon
Level 7
If anyone is still wondering, I took the case to the court and the court ruled the device is indeed faulty but there was no way to make sure if it has been tampered, although the markings were unusual.
The referee inspected the device and stated my claims were true about the faults.*
They ruled for a full refund + legal interest rate and all the legal expenses to be paid by the other side.
I am now waiting for the time frame to the end where they can appeal the decision.*

It is utterly funny for a firm like ASUS to do this kind of cheap stuff.*