cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page Fault in non paged area IOmap64.sys

McGovern1981
Level 7
Hi Everyone,
I've seen some other threads about this issue and it seems to point towards the AI suite 3 software. Is there an official fix for this so I can still use it and what exactly does that file do? I'm going to try the first recommendation and uninstall and reinstall NVIDIA drives but I doubt that's it. The next route is uninstall the AI suite, but the problem is I have 3 pin fans on the board that I'd can of like to be controlled by temp which from what I understand AI suite does correct? Would the BIOS be able to do that too? Is there an AI suite 4 in the works that may iron this out? It's hard to fix because I just get the BSOD every once and awhile at loading WIN 10 and then it restarts and works fine.
11 REPLIES 11

Nate152
Hi McGovern1981

Please list your complete pc specs.

Are you running your system at default settings ?

oh ya:

i7 7700k
Asus Maximus IX Hero
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2
Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 CPU cooler
1 TB Mushkin Reactor SSD
3TB Seagate HDD

NO OC on CPU yet, XMP enabled for RAM and Video Card is in OC mode but gigabytes preset haven't tweaked anything. Also fastboot mode in BIOS is off.

Chino wrote:
Do you have any ASUS software installed?

Yes the AI suite some of the other stuff too can't remember off hand.

JustinThyme
Level 13
AI Suite at its finest.*
If it was me and you wanted to only control fans ditch AI suite and simply use the BIOS.

Tricky part is getting rid of AI suite. It’s likes leaving Orphans behind.
Uninstall, delete the install folder then run Ccleaner registry sweep to clean out the rest. *

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
AI Suite at its finest.*
If it was me and you wanted to only control fans ditch AI suite and simply use the BIOS.

Tricky part is getting rid of AI suite. It’s likes leaving Orphans behind.
Uninstall, delete the install folder then run Ccleaner registry sweep to clean out the rest. *

:eek: Great! Wow you need to use a registry cleaner too?!?!? I take it this is a common occurance? Not so sure I'm going with Asus next time if they can't get their software solid like that kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Shame had been with them for awhile boards were always good to me.

McGovern1981 wrote:
:eek: Great! Wow you need to use a registry cleaner too?!?!? I take it this is a common occurance? Not so sure I'm going with Asus next time if they can't get their software solid like that kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Shame had been with them for awhile boards were always good to me.

There is nothing AI suite can do that cant be done in the BIOS.
The issue with IOmap64.sys is a common occurrence that I dont blame entirely on ASUS as there is more at play. Ive had it running fine then after a windows update the problem occurs. I quit using it for other reasons.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

So what’s the solution? *The only instance of iomap64.sys I have is due to GPU Tweak. Now I’m in an endless blue screen cycle. *

Thanks, ASUS.*

Chino
Level 15