cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G-Sync problem with the PG279Q

PoiPoire
Level 7
Hi guys!

I bought a Strix 1080Ti OC and a PG279Q 2 months ago. Everything is great! But I have a problem since 2 weeks with them.

I suspect the PG279Q as I don't have any problem with my other monitor nor with the GC on stress tests. (I've completely erased GC drivers and installed newer)

My problem is : When I activate G-Sync in the Nvidia settings, my drivers crashes and it happens more often when I activate the G-Sync on both, full screen and Windows mode.

I first thought it was the GC because I get some artifacts on the screen and it goes to black. Sometimes I can launch a game, but I have less than 30 FPS in the menu and then the games crashe when I get in.

I've phoned to the ASUS support, but I seems they didn't understand my problem. I asked for a mail address to send them a video I've made about it, but it seems that the address they gave me is wrong, or misspelled.

Anyway, here is the video I've made. I'm sorry the quality isn't that great cause the camera lose focus but you can have an idea of the problem ;).

I've read the pinned post about the firmware, but as it's from 2016, I guess my monitor got a newer firmware (late august 2017).

Here it is : https://youtu.be/UOC1VptSyvI (My PC even crashed during the video because of that 🐵

P.S.: I know the games in the video are early access ones, but I've also the problem with other games, but they're the ones I'm playing on right now 🙂
7 REPLIES 7

Bill
Level 7
Hello PoiPoire
I saw your video and "video TDR failure" appeared in the BSOD
Have you done anything about that?
Than you

It was the only time I got the BSOD.

Except the step to do things with the "nvlddmkm.sys" file, I've done all.

I'll try again and do it too to see if there is a difference.

Thank you for your reply 😉 .

I'll come back as soon as I've done it!

Hello again!

I have followed the steps to reinstall the graphic drivers and so on 2 days ago.

Everything was ok again until today. This morning I've played on Bluestack, web browsing without problem.

Back from work now (I didn't turn off the PC, just log off session), when I turned on the monitor, I got a blink before I could enter my password. Then when I launched Bluestack and web browser, I got the black screen with the artifacts again twice and then it went back to normal.

So I switched the G-Sync off again and it's all ok...

How can it be explained? Can the Nvidia G-sync module in the screen be faulty?

overdriven12
Level 8
Hi,

Did you test the new windows update yet?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048955/windows-10-update-kb4048955

This is from the 14th and fixed most of my G-Sync issues with the PG279Q

😮 No, I haven't. I will update and see if it changes anything.

Thanks for the reply 😉

Hello there,

Sorry, it's been a while, I know...

No changes after updating Windows 10 too.

I just stop using G-Sync as I really don't know if the problem comes from my 1080Ti or from the monitor... Though, the 1080Ti hasn't any problem when the G-Sync is off, neither in games, stress test or benchmarks...

cljustin
Level 8
Try another DP cable