cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus r6e and sli

Georgia
Level 7
hey all
Strange problem just built my new pc,booted it up and it shows in the bios GPU1 as Gpu2 and GPU2 as GPU1.
If i dissable GPU2 then GPU1 shows as GPU1 in pcie lane1 as normal.
PC specs Asus RVI Extreme mobo.
Intel I9 7900x Cpu
Asus 1080 ti Strix oc Gpu 1
Asus 1080ti Strix oc Gpu 2
Gpu's are set in Pcie 1 and Pcie 3 monitors are plugged into Gpu 1.
Also shows the GPU reversal in Nvidia control panel,whether i have sli enabled or not.
Any help would be apprecicated Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Hopper64
Level 15
Seems like I saw another thread with the very same issue. I can’t find it at the moment, but I really think that is a known quirk.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
They are all displaying transposed AFAIK, strange anomaly but not problematic on mine. Performance is on point.
Are you having problems with SLI?
Are you taking a performance hit?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Georgia
Level 7
Thanks for your quick responses Hopper64 and JustinThyme.
Enabeling sli takes about 4 to 5 goes to make it stick in nvidia control panel.
Performance seems to be fine all gpu clocks are the same,its just a little annoyance,
never having seen this on any of my builds.
Would an updated motherboard Bios fix this issue?. im using bios 0802.

Georgia
Level 7
Anyone else have same issue?

JustinThyme
Level 13
BIOS 1002 thats posted in a sticky by Raja has the same thing. The several takes to get it to stick is a driver issue. I had no issue with 3 releases then the last one did that but the current does not.

I thought it to be peculiar but blew it off after seeing my bench numbers! 😛
In the grand scheme of things, had I not looked in Nvivia control panel I would have not known and so long as it doesnt mess with the performance its of no consequence unless you are in the clinical trials for OCD medications.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

My GPU 1 (closest to CPU) shows as GPU 2 and GPU 2 shows as GPU 1

Maybe someone at ASUS can let me know which should really be GPU 1, closest to the CPU or furthest from the CPU.

Skunkfoo
Level 7
Georgia wrote:
hey all
Strange problem just built my new pc,booted it up and it shows in the bios GPU1 as Gpu2 and GPU2 as GPU1.
If i dissable GPU2 then GPU1 shows as GPU1 in pcie lane1 as normal.
PC specs Asus RVI Extreme mobo.
Intel I9 7900x Cpu
Asus 1080 ti Strix oc Gpu 1
Asus 1080ti Strix oc Gpu 2
Gpu's are set in Pcie 1 and Pcie 3 monitors are plugged into Gpu 1.
Also shows the GPU reversal in Nvidia control panel,whether i have sli enabled or not.
Any help would be apprecicated Thanks.

I have the same issue and just noticed today that GPU post in the Bios only reports 1 GPU in the x16 slot furthest from the CPU. Slot 1 reports no GPU installed.

Skunkfoo wrote:
I have the same issue and just noticed today that GPU post in the Bios only reports 1 GPU in the x16 slot furthest from the CPU. Slot 1 reports no GPU installed.

Hey my bios shows both cards GPU 1 in slot 3x16 and Gpu 2 in slot 1x16,the same as in nvcp
Gpu 1 is closest to the CPU.