cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX(R6A) with Noctua NH-D15 PCI-E 3.0 x16 issue

Ligtstron
Level 7
Noctua NH-D15 block first PCI-E x16 slot, if installation video card on second PCI-E x16 slot still can run at PCI-E 3.0 x16 or need to installation on third PCI-E x16 slot?*Only one Card
9 REPLIES 9

zoobzone
Level 7
Ligtstron wrote:
Noctua NH-D15 block first PCI-E x16 slot, if installation video card on second PCI-E x16 slot still can run at PCI-E 3.0 x16 or need to installation on third PCI-E x16 slot?*Only one Card

It should still run at x16.

zoobzone wrote:
It should still run at x16.

Because ROG RAMPAGE VI APEX User's Manual say PCI-E 4 way run at x16 x8 x8 x8, I not sure if only use second PCI-E will still only 3.0 x8.

fexnok
Level 7
Ligtstron wrote:

Or if you still want to use your graphic card on slot 1 just rotate your noctua so fans blow up, only if you have vents on top. That's my current setup.

fexnok wrote:
Or if you still want to use your graphic card on slot 1 just rotate your noctua so fans blow up, only if you have vents on top. That's my current setup.

Can share some pictures R6A & D15 with your setting?Thanks

Ligtstron wrote:
Can share some pictures R6A & D15 with your setting?Thanks

Sorry I missed your question. Just realised you have the APEX version mine is the Extreme VI version. Not sure if layout is too different.

Here's a picture of my setup with D15 rotated so fans blow up and GPU installed on 1st slot.

If you have any issues just insert your GPU on slot x16_3. It should work fine as well.

fexnok wrote:
Sorry I missed your question. Just realised you have the APEX version mine is the Extreme VI version. Not sure if layout is too different.

Here's a picture of my setup with D15 rotated so fans blow up and GPU installed on 1st slot.

If you have any issues just insert your GPU on slot x16_3. It should work fine as well.

Hey dude, on the topic of your Rampage VI EXTREME, how is this orientation working for you? I’m looking to use this exact setup as you. Since this fixes the issue of it covering the x16 slot, are there any other issues? Are all RAM slots clear and can they accept G.Skill RGB Ram? On top of this, are there any clearance issues with the top of the case?*

Thanks in advance my friend.*

Mappi75
Level 8
The problem you got on most Asus Mainboards,

Thats why i choose every time the Noctua NH-D15S with this cooler the first PCI-E Slot isnt blocked by the cpu cooler.
And you got the same temps and a very high ram compatiblity too.

Mappi75
Level 8
Thats why i use the Noctua NH-D15S

The "S" version did not block the first PCIe Slot and has a better memory compatibility.

The normal Noctua NH-D15 block near on all Asus mainboards the first PCIe Slot.

Mappi75 wrote:
Thats why i use the Noctua NH-D15S

The "S" version did not block the first PCIe Slot and has a better memory compatibility.

The normal Noctua NH-D15 block near on all Asus mainboards the first PCIe Slot.

As fine as this solution is, i’d prefer to have the D15 as it has better cooling potential. If I can fit ram in all slots with the orientation upwards, I’d prefer this as I have exhausts on the top as well which will help with overall airflow too.