cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corsair CMK64GX4M8X4200C19 - XMP Not Working

jasonvp
Level 7
Hey folks -

Now that I have the BIOS/lock-up issues behind me, I'm attempting to overclock the RAM. It's not going so well and I was curious if this is a known thing and I should just accept it for now? I have 64GB of Corsair CMK64GX4M8X4200C19, which is on the Asus QVL. When I enable XMP, the motherboard instantly does the right thing and tries to OC the memory to 4200MHz. But upon reboot, it never gets passed Code 80. That requires me to Safe Boot it and de-configure the XMP.

Any suggestions? I'm a bit new to OC'ing memory. Processors I have no problems with but this is the first attempt I've ever made w/Asus QVL RAM and OC'ing it.

Thanks!
System specs: click here.
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
I havent seen anyone running Vram at 4200 yet. a Few at 4000 and Im at 3800 which is full XMP for the kit CMD64GX4M8X3800C19
Try setting XMP then scrolling down to the speed and backing off to say 3400 to start then work your way up.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Try setting XMP then scrolling down to the speed and backing off to say 3400 to start then work your way up.

Thanks for the suggestion. So far, it seems to boot stably (fingers crossed) at 4000MHz, which ain't so bad. But I'm not calling this "done" yet; not till it's booted multiple times at that speed and no other issues pop up.
System specs: click here.

Chino
Level 15
Can't discard the possibility that you might have reached the limits of your CPU's IMC especially with 64GB of memory.