cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny 2 crashing - help needed

BigOzwin
Level 7
Hi guys,

As the titles says, I am experiencing crashing on Destiny 2 PC and need help. It isn't just crashing the game, it is taking my whole system down.

HISTORY:

From launch, the crashes have been sporadic. Some plays will be an hour (I think 2 was my most but that was a one off) and some can be as little as 2 seconds. I have tried everything that I can find or have had suggested to me on @BungieHelp Twitter and FB, also /r/Destiny2Support on Reddit:

Re-installed Nvidia driver v.388.13
Re-installed Windows update v.1703
Disabled Game Bar
Disabled Game DVR
Scan and Repair done multiple times on D2
Stress tested multiple times for 1 hour
Tried all games on system at ultra – no crashes
Run D2 as admin
Run Battle.net as admin
Power cycled network routers
Played on all graphics setting from lowest to highest – it makes no difference and crashes are still random

I have stress tested my system multiple times for an hour, one after the other and experienced no crashes. All other games played at Ultra setting have no issues and run at 50 - 80 FPS. D2 itself runs fairly consistently at 70 - 75 on highest settings.
My main problem is that Bungie have offered zero assistance other than putting out a list of known errors and fixes, none of which are mine. I am not alone in this, but due to a lack of correspondence from them, Blizzard are not refunding me, saying that it has been too long since purchase. So I'm fuming, as the reason for the delay in asking was actually giving Bungie a chance to assist me.

THE CRASH:

Basically, it comes out of nowhere. There is no frame rate or performance drop. The game is capped at 75fps (to match monitor I guess) and has crashed at 75 multiple times. There has been no rhyme nor reason to it, if I get a crash after 2 seconds, hard reset my comp and relaunch the game, I could go for an hour or so before it happens again. There is no repeatability in it. I go straight to either black or white screen and whole system is unresponsive. I also do not get an error code.

MY SYSTEM:

G752VS
i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz - 3.5Ghz turbo
16GB DDR4 RAM
GTX 1070
Win 10 Home - fully UTD - 1703
Nvidia driver V-388.13 - UTD

As mentioned, stress tests didn't crash anything, no other game crashes it or gives noticeable performance drops. I am at the end of my tether with this as they are refusing refunds.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, did you find a work around/fix?

PLEASE HELP!!
4 REPLIES 4

kkn
Level 14
i would go and google and see if other have the same problem.

do you get up a BSOD? if so whats the error shown??

Nate152
I was getting a few crashes here and there too, there has been a few updates since it released so maybe this will solve it for you. If you're overclocking, try running at default settings. I've been playing the last couple days crash free.

In the game settings, video settings there is 30FPS cap, 60FPS cap and OFF for no cap which is 200FPS, where are you seeing 75FPS cap ? If you're forcing V-Sync on in the Nvidia control panel, try setting it to application controlled and use the in game V-Sync settings.

You could do this for 75FPS cap.

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/10/how-to-limit-your-frame-rate-in-destiny-2/

CODE_MAXIMUS
Level 11
Nate, when you were getting crashes did you make any changes to your system?

Nate152
Nope no changes, it's been running good for a while.

I notice Destiny 2 doesn't like too much of a gpu overclock.