cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bizarre Low Score with v2.56

ikrananka
Level 7
Just decided to run RealBench to baseline my i7-7700K based system before delidding and overclocking my CPU. But, after running it quite a few time I get MUCH lower scores than others on the leaderboard with similar systems who also ran v2.56.

Any suggestions what may be happening here?

Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

ThrashZone
Level 10
ikrananka wrote:
Just decided to run RealBench to baseline my i7-7700K based system before delidding and overclocking my CPU. But, after running it quite a few time I get MUCH lower scores than others on the leaderboard with similar systems who also ran v2.56.

Any suggestions what may be happening here?

Thanks

Hi,
You just need to crank it up until RB pukes 🙂
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
You just need to crank it up until RB pukes 🙂

Thanks - real helpful :mad:

I've had similar issues and haven't found a solution yet. I have a 7700K running at 5.1 and can't break 100K in RealBench. It seems to benchmark fine in other programs but struggles in RealBench. I reinstalled Windows and still get the same results. I did notice that it seems to take some time 10-20 seconds from when I hit start and when the pictures actually start popping up if that means anything.

ikrananka
Level 7
Thanks Meatwallet, glad to know I'm not alone with this issue. When I hit start it only takes about 3 to 4 seconds for the first picture to appear so that is a little strange that yours takes so long.

Menthol
Level 14
Have you guys read through the RealBench Tips and tweaks thread?
Disable as many Windows services as possible, run a low resolution, install Intel OpenCL runtime, or Intel iGPU driver, run benchmark from a Ramdisk, start benchmark, wait a few seconds, move mouse and restart benchmark, just some of the many tweaks listed

Menthol wrote:
Have you guys read through the RealBench Tips and tweaks thread?
Disable as many Windows services as possible, run a low resolution, install Intel OpenCL runtime, or Intel iGPU driver, run benchmark from a Ramdisk, start benchmark, wait a few seconds, move mouse and restart benchmark, just some of the many tweaks listed

Yes, I read the tweaks and tips. I disabled as many Windows services as possible and ran at a lower resolution. I have a pagefile and my power settings are at High Performance. I also did the start benchmark, move mouse, and restart it. I also set the Realbench process priority to Realtime. None of these "tweaks" made any tangible difference to my score. I find it hard to understand how someone else could achieve double my score by tweaking their system (assuming they basically the same hardware that I do).

JustinThyme
Level 13
Personally I don’t do the tweaks just to get a score. It’s a benchmark. If you are trying to get the score up just for the sake of getting the score up then yes run the tweaks, my spot on the leader board is an as used configuration. No ruby slippers, low res, stop and restart etc.*

Regardless of any of that don’t look at high scores for your gear but the median to dispel any hardware issues. 98K *for a single GPU, 16 GB ram and a quad core is not horrendous. Check to see what’s running in the back ground and that you installed drivers correctly as in chipset followed by MEI before anything else.*

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Dude1070
Level 8
Try deleting the real bench install, and install again.