cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix 1080ti 2nd DP (middle) woes

F0x135
Level 8
I bought an AOC Agon AG352UCG and the STRIX 1080ti together, both now 2 weeks old. The monitor is plugged into the DP that's on the outside edge, has been running perfect since install.

Out of curiosity i decided to swap out the display ports to test the card was working 100%.

No picture on the Agon. No POST info, nothing.

I plug into my 8 year old 23" Dell - Picture loads up straight away. However, get constant flickering and random turn offs/on.

Tried 2 different sets of DP cables, both won't work properly in the middle DP port. Fact is the Agon doesn't like it at all. Just goes [NO SIGNAL] whilst the Dell just flickers and off/on.

I've gone into Nvidia control panel and changed performance settings to maximum, and still no dice.

I tried looking for info if the STRIX has two different DP versions and everything I've found says they're the same v1.2 versions.

I'm running the latest Nvidia drivers: 3.88.13 Release date 10/30/17.

Anybody dealt with something similar? This very much looks like a bad card?
2 REPLIES 2

kkn
Level 14
and if you plug it in to the port you had t in before?

kkn wrote:
and if you plug it in to the port you had t in before?

Ah, unsure if i was clear, but yes both monitors are fine when plugged into the outer edge DP (#2).

Update: I cleared out the drivers using DDU and reinstalled. The flickering on DP#1 (middle) with the Dell seems to have gone (30 mins test), but the Agon still won't get a signal from the DP#1.

Again, DP#2 works fine for both monitors. I'm unsure what to do with this point - it feels like a gamble to future proof knowing only 1 DP is working as it should with a 100hz screen.