cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My zenith can't POST

Bellsnow
Level 7
Hello, Is there someone who knows what's going on my rig?

*symptom
*- the rig retries boot showing "code: C0 detect memory" on OLED panel.
*- After code:C0 happens, "CPU" is shown *in an instant, rig shuts down and turns on.

parts what I use
*- X399 zenith extreme
*- G skill tridentz 32gb(2*16) 3200Mhz Cl14
*- threadripper 1950x
*- Antec HCP-1000
*- Rog strix 1080ti O11g

what I did
*- To check CPU pins and install CPU again.
*- To insert only one of my DDR4. All of my memory gives no improvement
*- Bios update and cmos reset have been done.
*- I got samsung 8gb ram from my friends and it worked...! it made boot processed to next step.

what's problem on my rig? i think the key is memory contorller on CPU but not certainly.
Please answer, please. it my first rig on my life.*
28 REPLIES 28

bstory32
Level 7
I've had my share of RAM issues with this thing, many in the forums have as well.

1) Make sure your using the proper slots for your memory. The second, and forth on the right if your using two sticks. This is inconsistent with the manual.

2) Try using just one stick, and rotate a new one in every time it fails to see if you just have bad memory. You could also run a memory test but I've found this to be quicker on the fly.

3) If you cant find a bad memory stick then try picking up different memory. Also try using BIOS 0801 if your not already. I've experienced Not attaching the proper fan connections for the CPU caused this issue on one of the bios updates.

4) if you can manage to get into the BIOS try adjusting the memory settings. Clear CMOS and try to boot again by pressing the button on the back. 🙂

I hope this helps, I know a lot of people are happy with this motherboard, a few are very frustrated. I'm very optimistic that ASUS will fix most of these issues within a reasonable amount of time.

bstory32 wrote:
I've had my share of RAM issues with this thing, many in the forums have as well.

1) Make sure your using the proper slots for your memory. The second, and forth on the right if your using two sticks. This is inconsistent with the manual.

2) Try using just one stick, and rotate a new one in every time it fails to see if you just have bad memory. You could also run a memory test but I've found this to be quicker on the fly.

3) If you cant find a bad memory stick then try picking up different memory. Also try using BIOS 0801 if your not already. I've experienced Not attaching the proper fan connections for the CPU caused this issue on one of the bios updates.

4) if you can manage to get into the BIOS try adjusting the memory settings. Clear CMOS and try to boot again by pressing the button on the back. :).

Thank you for reply :)*
1) Yes, I did use 2nd, 4th slot, dark grey things not black. but it didnt work.

2) I tried to use only one memory stick and rotate them. frankly speaking i have 2 sets of gskill ddr4, so I have 4 sticks. Each of 4 sticks didn't work when I use only one. Am I unlucky if all 4 sticks are bad? And how can I memory test? I dont have another rig cause it's my first rig.

3) I did update UEFI 0801, and fan connection is ok. like above i wrote, I got a Samsung 8gb memory stick from my friend and it made boot processed next step. But I dont have the memory stick cause he is using it.

4) My rig can't express bios on monitor because boot fail. how can I modify memory setting through bios?

maybe I'm one of frustrator. OTL:eek:*

I wish I could help more, if I was in your position I'd exchange the mobo and try again.

I think there are issues with all x399 mobo's right now because I originally picked up the MSI one and it was a brick of ****. So I exchanged for the Zenith and while its been challenging to get working, I was able to build my girlfriends and mine.

Again I think you might have a bad board. I'd personally not waste more time with the current board.

Three options
1) Exchange it - Don't forget to pick up some thermal paste for your cpu. I made this mistake and it cost me an extra trip.
2) Contact Asus and see what they suggest.
3) Try your luck with another manufacturer, read their community forums before you do though.

bstory32 wrote:
I wish I could help more, if I was in your position I'd exchange the mobo and try again. *

*Three options
1) Exchange it - Don't forget to pick up some thermal paste for your cpu. I made this mistake and it cost me an extra trip.
2) Contact Asus and see what they suggest.
3) Try your luck with another manufacturer, read their community forums before you do though.

At first, I requested my cpu to be exchanged. I think maybe memory controller in cpu is malfunction.

If I get another cpu and it is not work, as you said, I should replace my mobo.
But It's uneasy for me because zenith hasn't been distributed in my country due to disapproval in law of radio wave,
so I bought zenith abroad.
As a result, Mobo RMA makes me dizzy.

When another cpu comes to me, I will test and report the result.

Thank you.*

gupsterg
Level 13
Bellsnow, perhaps reseat power cables?
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Bellsnow, perhaps reseat power cables?

I checked my power connector already.
They have been in right position.

Can you tell me the reason why I should reseat power cable?
What is effect you intend to??

Thank you for your interest in my issue.

Bellsnow wrote:
I checked my power connector already.
They have been in right position.

Can you tell me the reason why I should reseat power cable?
What is effect you intend to??

Thank you for your interest in my issue.

Maybe just to make sure it's connected properly?
A completely harmless suggestion that may not be towards your liking.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
Maybe just to make sure it's connected properly?
A completely harmless suggestion that may not be towards your liking.

Uh oh.. I just understood I should rearrange my wire back of main board.
I thought he knows some issues about wire arrangement, which I don't know.

My wiring maybe looks mess by someone, but PWR connection is right.

By proof, 8gb samsung memory stick was working in boot sequence...*

haihane
Level 13
i'd like to think i'm especially sensitive to tones and infer the intent someone has when saying certain things, and i can tell you that i feel no malice in the earlier guy's message to you. (i don't think he is out to be mean to you.)

would you be willing to attach some pictures of the insides of your pc (motherboard view)? in hopes that we might be able to see something that could lead to the source of the problem.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.