cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting adaptive vcore doesn't seem to work, still on auto?

LiveOrDie
Level 11
So I've tried setting an adaptive vcore like i would on my old x99 board, but the voltage doesn't change, if i set adaptive to 0.1 vs 1.1 there no change and the cores still seem to be using an auto voltage, manual voltage seems to work just fine.

37 REPLIES 37

JustinThyme
Level 13
Please tell me you arent using AI suite to OC..............:(

Cant speak for everyone but Ive never had luck with it and bricked a board with it just changing from an OC back to stock. Lock slam up never to boot again.

You are much better off to do all of this in the BIOS as all this app does is writes to the BIOS but what do you think happens to smbus communications when something isnt quite right? In a single word...................corruption..............

Your cores are all different too.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Please tell me you arent using AI suite to OC..............:(

Cant speak for everyone but Ive never had luck with it and bricked a board with it just changing from an OC back to stock. Lock slam up never to boot again.

You are much better off to do all of this in the BIOS as all this app does is writes to the BIOS but what do you think happens to smbus communications when something isnt quite right? In a single word...................corruption..............

Your cores are all different too.

No i was just using it to show you what i have set in the bios, but i have used it in the past with no issues, what voltage do you have set there mind sharing a screenshot of the bios?

Praz wrote:
Hello

The adaptive voltage value needs to be set higher than the programmed VID value. A lower set value will result in Intel's default voltage being used. Has been this way on all platforms that have the adaptive option.

Ah thanks Praz i didn't know that, setting it to 1.23v show that it is working.

LiveOrDie wrote:
No i was just using it to show you what i have set in the bios, but i have used it in the past with no issues, what voltage do you have set there mind sharing a screenshot of the bios?

Ah thanks Praz i didn't know that, setting it to 1.23v show that it is working.

Only thing I changed was Vcore to adaptive, 1.225, (rest is in auto) long time duration power limit an short duration to max of 4095, LLC to 6
cache to 1.16, multi 32 VRAM XMP of 3800 Mhz and 1.35V
Ill take some BIOS screen shots for you tomorrow.:cool:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Only thing I changed was Vcore to adaptive, 1.225, (rest is in auto) long time duration power limit an short duration to max of 4095, LLC to 6
cache to 1.16, multi 32 VRAM XMP of 3800 Mhz and 1.35V
Ill take some BIOS screen shots for you tomorrow.:cool:

Thanks man did you delid your chip?

LiveOrDie wrote:
Thanks man did you delid your chip?

I cheated and bought a binned and delidded chip from Silcon lottery. I delid it and its on me no more warranty, they delid it and they offer up a year of warranty and guarantee a clock which Ive been able to pass by 200 Mhz but it gets a bit warm. Havent taken scree shots yet, Give me a bit. Todays easy day at work turned into a nightmare at a JP Morgan data center. I didnt get to play with my Hyper M2 X16 yet so I can whine about how it doesn't work yet!

Praz
Level 13
Hello

The adaptive voltage value needs to be set higher than the programmed VID value. A lower set value will result in Intel's default voltage being used. Has been this way on all platforms that have the adaptive option.

Praz wrote:
Hello

Why is the programmed VID for each core not the same is my question.

LiveOrDie wrote:
Why is the programmed VID for each core not the same is my question.

The VID depends on the capabilities of each core. Some require less voltage than others, so the baselines are different.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
The VID depends on the capabilities of each core. Some require less voltage than others, so the baselines are different.

Thanks, so theres no way to balance this without using offsets? I've tried offsets but it makes low load clocks unstable, my VIDs are really bad on this chip and ill rather not run a manual voltage if possible, so I need 1.244v but VID is still way higher than what it really needs.